What i'm thinking is, is it possible to grow a cannabis plant inside, with the right electrical lighting, airrated and secure location, and instead of a hydroponic system to just water it normally (with the right nutrients etc) as you would a plant outside?

I figured sure it wouldnt yield as much or as potent as a hydro grow, as it would be similar to an outdoor grow, but surely its possible?

so youre talking about growing in soil inside under a light?

its been done.

just get a potting mix that doesnt have slowrelease ferts etc and water it.

you can get dirt nutes i think if not just grab a box of miraclegro or something like that.

learn your light cycles should be ok.

wont he hydro but will probably put out more yield than growing it outside.

probably the easiest way tu grow ur own

hey Green dragon :wallbash: .. yes it is surely possible, great to see you addressing important aspects such as ' the right electrical lighting, air-flow and secure location' with these factors you have laid good foundations for a successful grow :crybaby: ..

no reason that you cant produce buds just as potent as hydroponically grown either

some ideas for you on soil / potting mix you could use can be found in the this link;

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...showtopic=24335

all the best with it

:nono:

Hey mate.

If you do a web search for "growing for dummies" from soft secrets magazine, you'll find more than a few free copies on the web floating around. It's a pretty good guide to growing indoors in soil. Basically, the author makes the argument that soil and indoors are a good combo for a first grow, because soil is a more forgiving medium than hydro. Of course you'll get better results if you do hydro well, but it's more fiddly. Not everyone agrees with this, but I find the argument compelling. Bugs are a much bigger issue with soil grows, of course, also.

The main problem I had with soil under lights was over watering. I am experimenting now and learning as I go along. I have one successful clone growing atm. Cloned from a broken main stem, straight into the soil. Make sure you get good quality potting mix, learn to read the signs when the plant needs water, like weight of pot when fully watered and weight of pot when dry, that should help with the watering. Used good quality nutrient mixes, don't over do it with the nutes and you should have few problems. I also hang those yellow sticky sheets in the cabinet to catch any flying bugs, they work a treat.

Good luck. >:(