New Setup Questions

I have a few quesions about what seeds i should use and if i should use a medium.

My new setup is a 9 plant site aeroponic system, with net pots, and root gaurds. It uses a hydro spinner.

I just got 10 ak47/kalimist seeds mixed together so i dont know which one is the other then i have 5 Haze Heaven feminezed seeds which i have stored sepertly.

I have grown the ebb and flow method before but im new to aeroponic systems. I want to be sure that my plants grow succesfully but i want i to have a fire plant. I dont have to use all 9 sites but i have planty of light, i have

430watthps and a 400mh, and a 175mh for germinating. (the 175 was my old grow light). Anyways which seeds should i use or should i try to germinate them all?

Also before i was using media but in this system i dont have to use any media, but should i use hyrdoton or an equivalent, I can monitor the system often but should i use a media to be sure the plants stay moist in case of failure.

If anyone could offer their help I would apprieciate the help.

KaliKing

G'day mate,

I know nothing about using Aeroponics, but I saw your thread sitting here empty so I thought I'd try and help you out.

with the seeds, I would buy a bunch of 140mm pots and a bag of perlite, germ every single seed. veg em for a week, then sex em and take clones of the females and then move 9 girls into your aero system. If you grow out the males in your system you will be wasting space and sacrificing yield.

The AK-47 and kali seeds mixed together is a bad thing, kali mist will be way taller, I dunno exactly, I got(had) Sagarmarthas Western Winds and she was exactly the same and a tall lady. But they should be easy to tell as seedlings and you can move the female clones up to the sites so you have haze heaven and kali mist under one light and AK-47 under the other. I guess you dont have to sex the haze heaven seeds.

But if you do things like that, then you can be sexing seeds under your 175w while your crop is flowering and have presexed clones ready to pop straight in to next crop.

As for medium, yeah I'd use a medium, A plant like MJ needs an anchor, only plants like lettuce's or heavily trellised plants like cucmbers can be grown without medium. Your MJ plants will tip over when they get too heavy and cause much stress on the stem.

Also what the fuck is a fire plant????

Edited by white_cluster

Thanks for the Advice white Cluster,

I guess I needed only 1 post to answer my question although 30 responses would be nice.

I got my seeds germinating now im just waiting to sex then Im gonna take my nicest clones like you said and put them in my Aeromachine.

Ive heard aeroponics has a remarkably fast grow rate, even faster then hydro, I was very happy with the old ebb and flow i had, I cant wait to tast the news Aero buds. hahaa

Oh what i was meaning by the "fire" plant, Where i live we refer high quality pot as "fire", so i was reallly just saying that i wanted a high quality plant.

Talk again soon

KaliKing

You might be interested in a product I just found out about called SuperBud.

Especially for cabinet growers but also for commercial types. It stops the growth of the plant. And reduced the flowering time by 2 weeks. Particulary with the unfettered sativas this could be just the ticket. Well I unfortunately am in the US (for me I mean) cause SuperBud is right there in oz.

No More Stretch.

Hey guys,

Hey Tom how you doing?

Sounds like a interesting product Stalwart, Do You have any links that i could look at that more?? Welcome to Oz, Im a Us grower also.

I ve been able to get a hold of some decent products In the Us, but theres some very interesting stuff out there.

Is it hard for you to get good seed strains in the US Stalwart??

Talk to you guys later

Hey kaliking ;-) I ahve been looking into superbud for awhile but as of yet havnt tried it.... check out This thread to convience u on it ;-)

Its 150$ for a litre and u only treat for 1 week ;-) u use between 3 and 5 ml per litre depending on system.... :P

Increases yield by 30%

i will have results in in 2 months......

nimer