Pollenating flowers to get Seed

Hi Guys...I need a bit of help here.

I have ten kali mist sativas that I am flowering indoors under a 600w, at present they are about four weeks away from finishing with the hairs only just starting to turn red.

What I would like to do is pollenate some of the female flowers with pollen I have collected off one of the original males I had when I started to flower from seed originally. I collected the pollen from the males and stored a bit of it in a tupperware conatiner in the freezer as I was told this is the best method of storage.

What is the best way to pollenate a female bud?.....I dont want all my buds to turn to seed so I was just thinking of using a brush to paint the pollen onto a couple of the buds and then wrapping the buds in a plastic bag for a couple of days so the pollen didnt spread

Any help would be much appreciated as I would hate to stuff this up and get no seeds or even worse have all my plants turn to seed and no bud to smoke

thanks guys :thumbsup:

Im no expert but, put them in a plastic bag eg. freezer bag, and put the pollen in that and then carefully place it over one of the lower buds on your plant use a rubber band to tie it up firmly and leave the bag, that bud should turn to male without affecting the rest of your plant.

feel free to correct me if im wrong anyone

What I would like to do is pollenate some of the female flowers with pollen I have collected off one of the original males I had when I started to flower from seed originally. I collected the pollen from the males and stored a bit of it in a tupperware conatiner in the freezer as I was told this is the best method of storage.

The freezer is best from a theoretical perspective, but in practice it ruins a lot of pollen. Pollen is inactivated by moisture, so if you pull out the tupperware container and open it straight away, the chilled air in the container will condense moisture from the warmer room and dampen the pollen. To avoid potentially ruining your pollen on opening allow the container to sit, unopened, for at least 2 to 3 hours to acclimatise.

at present they are about four weeks away from finishing with the hairs only just starting to turn red.

I think you have left it a little late, only pistils that are still plump and white can be fertilised. As well, seed want at least six weeks to really mature. Check around the bottom of the plants, you may find some small buds that are still covered with young pistils. If you pollinate these you can harvest most of the plant and leave the stumps with the fertilised branch(es) attached to continue until the seeds mature. If you need your flower space empty after harvest, the seeded stumps will be fine under much weaker light and it doesn't matter what the light cycle is, the seed will mature even if you are revegging the stump under 24/0.

What is the best way to pollenate a female bud?.....I dont want all my buds to turn to seed so I was just thinking of using a brush to paint the pollen onto a couple of the buds and then wrapping the buds in a plastic bag for a couple of days so the pollen didnt spread

First, turn off HID lighting, extraction and fans, then brush pollen onto target buds and cover with plastic bag. Next, prevent any stray pollen from fertilising non target flowers, mist the air and the plant with plain water. Turn on fans and extraction and turn on lighting once plants have dried. Remove plastic bags after 48 hrs. If there is more than one plant in the room, remove the target for pollination and do it away from the others.

Any help would be much appreciated as I would hate to stuff this up and get no seeds or even worse have all my plants turn to seed and no bud to smoke

Unlikey to happen if you are just using a bit of saved pollen and remeber pistils that have already changed colour can not be fertilised.

Have Fun!

lou :thumbsup: