are these buds ready?

hi all.. firstly, i hope ever1 had a good xmas and a mindbending new year..

alrighty then, after 8 weeks in flower i think i am very close to my 1st harvest and am not quite sure exactly when i should .. ive put in some pics so i hope they come out clear enough.. most of the hairs are now red but some of the buds are still abit skanky looking and could probly fatten up a bit more..

so my questions are, 1. do they look ready?

and 2, if most are ready and some of the lower buds are still not quite done, is it cool to cut off whats ready and leave the rest to continue or should i just sacrifice those buds are pull the whole thing out, as i will be flushing for a week before taking any.. so if i did that would the rest survive the week of no nutrients...

cheers and a bud yielding prosperous new year to all

post-36404-1262433195_thumb.jpg post-36404-1262433254_thumb.jpg

post-36404-1262433435_thumb.jpg post-36404-1262433499_thumb.jpg

post-36404-1262433666_thumb.jpg

hey guys.. thanks for that.. yeah sorry i couldnt get the pics a bit clearer.. im pretty sure they are good to go.. the bottom buds are mainly done to but some are still milky but then i guess that will change by the time i finish flushing, which i have been doing since yesterday arvo.

Also you need to take the flushing into consideration.

gills.. im guessing you mean that if they are good to go now the extra week of flushing might do damage or did you just mean the 1s that arnt ready should be good by then??

ok cool thanks..i just went and did that.. it was reading at around 900ppm.. im guessing around 200 is what i wanna get to?? thats basically the tap water here is.. i`ll flush with rainwater for the last few days..

but cool ,thanks gills.. im looking forward to my 1st real buds that ive grown.. now i just have to be patient and let it dry properly....i can hack it...lol.. actually i really should throw out a thankyou to many on oz stoners.. your advice, help and knowledge has been awsome.. i wouldnt have nice buds to pick without y`all( or the jorge cervantes dvd...:D)... ive learned alot during this grow so i have no doubts my next grow will be much better, and thanks to seed boutique i now have much better seedlings to start with this time as well.. every seed has germinated from them, well with the exception of 1 of the freebies..

in any case thanks to every1 thats helped me out so far, it is much appreciated :(

Its hard to make out from the pics but they don't look ready to me. The fact that the hairs have gone red is no indication that they are ready. The buds look thin and I really think they will fatten up a lot more if you left it. They will also be more potent. A lot of indicas are ready in 8 weeks but that plant looks more sativa like to me, meaning a few more weeks.

lol.. perhaps i`ll go another week...i`ll try to get a clearer pic after lights out this evening..

freddy

looks more sativa like to me

yes i believe that to be correct.. it is a tall plant with long thin leaves as opposed to the fatter shorter leaves of indicas..thats about all i can say of the strain.. i found the seed in my cupboard and have no idea where they came from..

and yes i feel the buds could be fatter, they are a little on the skanky side...:D...lots of crystals though so there is hope for them..

thanks to all for the help so far, i`ll try get a better photo on tonight..