Residents left in dark after woman drains power supply to light cannab

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 1:08 PM on 28th December 2009

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...is-factory.html

post-17453-1262123297_thumb.jpg

Light sapping: police found cannabis being grown with a watering system powered by the street-lamp network

Residents in a Lancashire town were so puzzled why the street lamps on their road were so much dimmer than everyone else's, they asked the council if it was experimenting with low-energy light bulbs.

But the local authority said the lights on Warrenhurst Road in Fleetwood should be as bright as every other street's.

It was only when the police noticed how dim the area was at night that an investigation began.

They discovered that a 19-year-old woman was illegally draining so much power from the lamp-post lighting system that the bulbs could hardly flicker.

Soon after officers found £100,000 worth of cannabis plants when they staged a raid on her property.

A sophisticated lighting and watering scheme inside the house was being powered by the street-lighting system and officers found plants growing in all three bedrooms of the property.

Lancashire Police confirmed a woman has been arrested on suspicion of growing drugs and illicitly removing power.

:peace:

Full on ...

I don't know many 19yr old "girls" who would (or could) ... "conspire" to do such a thing ... :P

If it was entirely her own efforts then I guess I would applaud her ... excepting the fact that whatever equipment she was using was a little overkill and should have noticed the effect on the neighbouring streets.

How Curious.

There must be more to this story ... I'm thinking maybe a specialized grow-op that she was just the care-taker for. lol

People want drugs ... they are drug taking machines and it what makes it all so fascinating :peace:

Hopefully she just get's an information course and a few electricity bills lol

Cheerz,

Budman :peace: