CannaButter/cookies/storage

It seems that there's no real amount of bud you should/shouldn't add to butter...

Mine personally - I vaporise and store my post-vaped material so when a bit of that has built up sometimes I'll make a stick of butter...the largest amount I've made was approx 1kg of butter, and I did that all with postvape - a medium sized lunchbox worth - This butter knocks me on my ass for about 4 hours if spread on toast, 8+ if eaten in certain recipes/quantities.

That works for me personally.

Other times I make pretty nice firecrackers, same deal.

It's not that cooking with fresh bud isn't as good/better (I'm sure it is if quantities were matched, of course) but it's an option, and as you've read sometimes some pretty hefty amounts are recommended...

As for cookies - I'd advise you to freeze the mixture prior to cooking it, perhaps pre-segmented. Defrost them prior to cooking, so that if any butter happend to escape during the process it can be folded back in...or maybe just cook 'em straight up, I dunno, but I'm sure that would be ok.

Butter keeps well in the freezer, yes.

Edited by Cheeba-Cheeba

400 odd grams of trim or 125g of bud would make some very good butter, will last for a couple of months although you could eat 125g in a week or two.

thats the ticket :)

there`s no point in doing it if ya gonna make it weak.

i go 50/50 trim/bud-butter or double the weight of trim to the amount of butter and cook for 24-48hrs for best results.

also, i rekon ya get alot of the goodness out at the end if ya put the cooked trim into a stocking/muslin cloth and rinse it with boiling water while pressing out the last of the goodies with a potato masher(squeezing the stocking up against the edge of the pot/container that ya draining into)......then ya just tip that butter water in with the rest of the strained n drained mix....

this is my butter

hope that helps,

Chron :)

ta chronmasta,

I was just reading your thread, you'll have a fun fun with it im sure.

The last bit of oil you get from squezing the stocking or cotton is the majority of the melted butter held inside the leaf material the best and most concentrated id say. problem is it gets pretty dirty ringing it from a stocking it can be worth second filtering through a T shirt or a fine bubble bag ive dont this the last couple of times.

i didnt say how much butter i used with the 400g of trim and 125g bud was per 125g. :) roughly 4 grams of leaf per gram of budder or if only popcorn was used 1g to 1g

i cant stomach the stuff some can, not I. ferrero rocher size rum balls, 1x slice a cake or 1x cookie would be about the max amount id like to eat to get a good stone if not half that. so i make my mixes stronger this has worked perfectly specially since getting onto choc rumballs. Yummmm

300g to 400g of dry trim fills my largest pot, add water to leaf material level no more than 3/4 bring to gentle simmer, Add the butter 100g to 150g stick and then stir keep my an eye on it for 6 hours or more. aT a gentle simmer lid on so evap gasses are recycled topping up water and stirring as needed.

Reddot/ a cheep kitchen home shop sell a shitty 25/30litre sauce pot its not real strong, handles get red hot and i wouldnt trust them when full the pots full but for $10 it works lid seals too well, with a 5mm hole drilled in lid i got the flapping sound to stop.

Two totally different cooking times and we both/all get a good final product, not alot can go wrong.

"Weedy Rum Balls",

Weight of the first few butter balls could be from 1g to 2g roughly roll into a ball.

Continue rolling balls of same size onto baking paper lined tray in the fridge, wait till you balls :) are solid.

tooth pic needed, quickly dip in melted rum and choc (2x table spoons of rum per 200g chocolate) from the chocolate rolled in dried coconut. Double dip in choc if you like just get them in the fridge pretty quick the budder shouldntmelt.. :)

Budder days ahead

ThC

post-5631-1261886628_thumb.jpg