Old Mother Sativa

I wouldn't have anything to do with him if I were you, mate, he's the furthest thing from a "personal supply" grower as you can get. If you really, really want to though.... lol

And as far as I know, "bush bud" was always just any strains grown out in the "bush" by small time growers, not any particular strain. That's what we called crappy, seeded bud grown local, anyway... ;)

I have emailed a breeder in your home land(OZ), who is suspose to have "Old Mother Sativa" seeds. It's a Guy called "Kog", I'll let you know how it goes.

Buddha

Thats who I'm talking about mate. I assume you'll get the same answer as I got this year, but I grew about 4-5 years ago, 200 seeds for $100, but many immature and cracked seeds.

Good Luck mate, I doubt it will mature in canada.

And Luke Skywalker were do you think other Aussie seed sellers like Shantibaba or Nevil got the money to start breeding???

White Cluster,

I grow strickly indoors and want to try this Scrog system. I think "Old Mother Sativa" is a good canadate for Sea Of Screen or Scrog.

If anyone has never come acrossed the term Scrog, I will give you a quick run down. It is a system that you use a couple of plants (2 to 4 plants for a 8x8 foot area), and grow them under a screen with 6x6 holes. You set the screen about 1 to 2 feet above the plants and train them to grow along it. Once the screen is fairly filled with vegation ( about 75%)you flower the plants. What you end up with is a area fill of buds and the hight is controled. Usally only 1 to 2 feet above the screen.

Once I try this, and if I find that it works, I will be able to grow any large sativa indoors. Right now I can only grow Indica's or sativa indica crosses. I think this will be a worth while project.

Buddha

Guest weekprik

Kop is an old time outdoors breeder, I reakon if he can send you bush seeds grab them,

When you buy your seeds get his MJ book and ask him for a calander of outdoor grow,

I have his book and his calander,

some people are extreamly jeolous of him and whats he attained so far,

But be aware that hes a commercial grower not a breeder etc so although his seeds are not perfect they are usually cheap enough, and grow GOOD weed.

Edited by weekprik

End of the year here in Oz is December, just like in Canada Buddah3...  lol

hahahaha, fuck me dead buddha3, you think we are crazy pagans in Australia eh?? but no mate, we only got 12 months here too. Starts with January ends with December.

As for SCROGing Old Mother Sativa. Crazy talk. I've never tried OMS indoors, only once outdoors. But I tried to grow another pure thai which is much smaller indoors which was pure thai from The Flying dutchmen. Basically it didn't work to well. I tried SOG at 16 per m2 1 week veg, mixed sativas. Old Mother Sativa is too leggy and huge and it never bloody stops getting bigger.

But yeah, Old Mother Sativa is a great strain that deserves way more recognition, it is like the Australian equivelant of haze and it is in many local hybrids up here. I reckon people should be making some nice indoor hybrids before the seedbanks steal it.

Old Mother Sativa would naturally finish around May, that might be what he meant. But up here we aren't really limited by the seasons. Good luck though mate, thai strains are known for the hermy tendencies and you will get alot, I got many & Kog can't really do a big breeding program like the flying dutchmen to get hermies out. Get a copy of his book A growers Lot to see pictures of how huge the thing is though. Did you find out about it through the big book of buds???

White_Cluster,

Sorry... lol , no slam intended. I just know once you cross the equator the seasons change.

We have to deal with the same stupidity from the Americans, they think, as soon as you cross the bourder, snow, and we all live in igloo's... :;): .

Thanks for all the info, I do understand that OMS is a monster, and to try and tame it is a big challenge. But if I can, it will be well worth it. As for the hermies they can wait, for now. I have to cut her head off first

Buddha

Also, I will get his book...Thanks

Edited by Buddha3