Been a rough last while....

H Everyone....

I apologize for not having been around much lately.... I have been having another rough time. Just got home from the Hospital and am finally starting to feel a bit better.... The last few days have been horrible for me while I have been trying to get ANY relief from the violent pain in my face and head called tic doloureux - (the worst pain known to medicine) by going to Hamilton's McMaster Hospital in Ontario, Canada for relief. After spending many hours there in total and throwing up the entire time from the pain I was the first patient seen, thank GOD!

Once in the room, I was asked to take off my shirt so that they could start an IV IMMEDIATELY. It was kind of scary the way they were all working on TRYING to give me ANY relief so quickly, but I couldn't thank them enough.... in between getting sick. I threw up constantly every fifteen minutes while at the Hospital and all nite and day the last four days, including getting sick all over my self while AT the Hospital, it happened so quickly... thank God I was in a gown from the Hospital and could change right away... that was gross and it DIDN'T help my pain at ALL.

After receiving my first IV medication, something called Toradol, an anti-inflammatory, I THOUGHT it helped, but immediately I threw it up. They then gave me a second shot of Toradol and that didn't do ANYTHING. Next they tried a Narcotic medication called Lamictal. I SEEMED to have SOME relief... Didn't get all the pain so we waited fifteen more minutes to see. Next they shot 30 MG of Morphine into my IV. I promptly threw that up too. The Doctor PROMISED he wouldn't let me go home with all this violent pain and that he would do SOMETHING to give me relief. So when the first Morphine shot went in, I had a LITTLE relief but immediately threw it up again. Moments later, I FINALLY had SOME MORE Relief thank GOD! So I got home and promptly went right upstairs to bed. That is where I will stay for the next few days..

I am actually feeling alot better after all those IV medications. The Doctor also gave me a Prescription for more Morphine to use over the next week so I'm PRAYNG that I won't have too much more trouble....

Just an FYI.... I'll try to be back as quickly as possible...

Love and a squish,

Alison

xx

Hey you don't have to apologise.

That sounds horrible.

Is this thing you have going to get worse or is it just occasionally really bad?

I've been reading lately about so many types of pain being cured by psilocybin. Low doses (sub hallucinogenic, about 50mg) apparently completely stop cluster headaches for 6 months in over 90% of cases.

Might be worth a try. I remember you said this thing you have is way worse than the most sever migraines (cluster headaches) so you might need a little more but not sure.

Anyway, just a suggestion, I'd try it were I in the same situation.

Hope you get better Alison.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Peace,

Lucid.

Oh dear, it sounds like it has been quite rough, and here I am bitching about sciatica... :D

Is there a cure for this pain you've been suffering? Do they know what causes it?

I hope you get some long term relief soon, even tho mine is no where near as bad, I know how pain can be depressing. :)

Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon. *huggs*

Thank you luciddreaming and thank you too Rose Gardener... sciatica is BAD. I'm so sorry...

The pain I suffer from 24 hours a day seven days a week is called "Tic douloureux" and is associated with multiple sclerosis in my situation. It is SUPPOSE to be the "most excruciating pain known to medicine".

I have been battling MS from the age of 13, tic douloureux from the age of 28 and am now turning 46 years young on January 11th, 2010.

I have been suffering from this violent pain for a number of years without much relief. Funny that you would suggest magic mushrooms...

I use them on my WORST days if I can keep them down... I usually take up to 5 GRAMS of mushrooms per Pot of tea. (I know it sounds like alot, but I learned how much I need for relief from titrating over the years with my Docs....)

I make mushroom tea as it is one of the easiest to keep the medicine down when I am in such excruciating pain. I have been relying on magic mushrooms, cannabis and morphine in MASSIVE amounts for relief for alot of years with only minimal luck.

I just got out of the Hospital AGAIN just before Christmas, due to the pain being so bad I couldn't stop throwing up for over thirteen hours straight until IV medication FINALLY kicked in....

No known cause - No known cure for EITHER of my medical conditions.... but they are suppose to get WORSE the older I get.... Lucky me.

The one thing I am NOT - is depressed. I have an incredible life and unbelievable partner of 22 and a half years and my Activism to keep me going. I am truly blessed...

I hope Twenty Ten is much healthier for us and ends up being our best Year yet....

Happy New Year everybody!

Love and a HUGE squish,

Alison

xx

Hi Alison,

I know a little about MS & it's suffering. Relief is hard to find & I am glad you were able to find assistance relatively easily.

A big happy birthday for the 11th January. May this special day for you be painless (as much as is possible) & friends gather to celebrate your life.

Enjoy the day & the future be better.

lol

Niitty.