new clones under metal halide

I've been taking clones and inserting into rockwool, grwoing them under a flouresent light for two weeks and then putting under metal halide for two weeks of growth. Its a turbo tank sorta design with two 6inch air stones down each side and a pump with 4 little sprayers spraying down the middle and plastic mesh pots holding the rockwool and a few clay rocks around it. Is it possible to just skip the fluorescent bit and put my clones in rockwool straight into the plastic mesh pots and grow them under metal halide from scratch?

Cheers ya'll any input is good input.

trouble with that is the cutting cannot carry out normal functions until it has rootlets, so putting it straight under MH its prolly gunna wilt cause it cant take up water and the intensity of the light is really going to spin the poor little cutting out .. there is a limit to how hard we can push these plants ..

mind you ive never tried it but hey you could always give it a go with one or two that ya can afford to lose and see but i dont think they will like it

all da best

lol