Seedlings in direct sunlight

Hello,

I've got a couple of plants germinating at home, and they've just come through.

My question is how long before it's safe to move them out into direct sunlight?

Also, would it be OK to just grow it in a shady spot in the garden, how much direct sunlight should the plant have as it's growing?

Thanks in advance.

-inside behind a flyscreen door

-under a thin leafy shrub that's nice and cool

-under a net

-somewhere with alot of reflected light and not direct sunlight

-somewhere maybe 1 hour max direct sunlight but dont let them get too heated up or they'll just wilt and die so on the concrete or bricks is a no no, give them some elevation where there is air underneath them

I would say after the first or second set of leaves show it will be safe

OK cool,

i've got them at the moment on pavers behind a wall which has minimal direct sunlight. Will move to a shady area on soil when they get bigger.

For stealth reasons, can you grow a plant completely hidden like this? Or will it just die?

Whats the minimum amount of sunlight you like to give your plants?

heya sangers lol cannabis cannot get enuf sunlight its a mega-hog when it comes to sunlight and because cannabis is very photo-sensitive which means the plant takes its life cycle cues from the Sun

e.g. cannabis sprouts seed in spring when the ground warms after winter rains it then grows vigorously in the hot summer sun, then soon after the days start to shorten and the hours of daylight shorten in autumn the plant changes gear and goes into a flowering stage

plants that grow in shade are basiclly a waste of time , because there is not enuf direct sunlight the plant 'stretches' out seeking the sun this means you end up with a spindly, scrawny plant that has trouble holding itself up , when the plant goes to flower it cant even hold the weight of the flowers up and falls over creating all sorts of problems , the buds on a shady-plant are also piss weak fluffy and got no guts to them ..

so hope you can find a better sunny location B)

:D

plants that grow in shade are basiclly a waste of time , because there is not enuf direct sunlight the plant 'stretches' out seeking the sun this means you end up with a spindly, scrawny plant that has trouble holding itself up , when the plant goes to flower it cant even hold the weight of the flowers up and falls over creating all sorts of problems , the buds on a shady-plant are also piss weak fluffy and got no guts to them

also spot on...nothing more annoying than a weak stemmed plant

Jimbo lol

my 2 tall plants are in a semi shade position, i guess from about 9 or 10 am to 3pm they would get the most direct sun

although like you said, stems that don't recieve sun are stunted in growth, lower stems and stems covered by other bushes won't grow very much so they realisticly need about 180° of full sun every day for the full 18 hours or 12 hours if it was a perfect world!

i am always thinking of a place to put my plants where they can bathe in full sun but for me there's no safe place but in the shrubs