leaf harvesting, some questions

Hey all, just curious to know about leaf for making butter and all that stuff...

is there a particular time to harvest your leaf or do you just take it all (from the whole bush) when you harvest your buds? if you harvested at another time would the leaf still contain the same amount as harvest time?

also...how much leaf do you need to get any benefit for extraction?? like how much leaf will produce "x" millilitres or grams etc...

since getting into growing over the last few months i've been keen to learn alot, I know that leaf smoke is shyte but for extracting purposes has it's uses. I would like to cook with it just for experience:)

yep harvest everyting when the budz are ready

if you harvested at another time would the leaf still contain the same amount as harvest time?

no

early harvest are high in CBD and low in THC

and over mature is high in CBN and low in THC

but all have medicinal qualities

so for certain ailments CBD or CBN may be better

one could design for that

how much leaf do you need to get any benefit for extraction?? like how much leaf will produce "x" millilitres or grams etc...
ruff guide

2oz of leaf = 1gram of extract

leaf smoke is shyte but for extracting purposes has it's uses. I would like to cook with it just for experience:)
go soooooooooooo

its a lotta fun

easy

just do all your heating with boiling water

@ 100c its pretty hard to stuff up

irey guidance

ruff guide

2oz of leaf = 1gram of extract

I personalty wouldn't suggest anywhere near this ratio , the proposes of the process is to extract and bind the thc molecules with the fat cells within the butter , allowing it to be a carrier . By using such a high concentration you very much exceed the maximum that any single cell and bind to and will waste ALLOT of goods

Generally speaking my process is to harvest the leaf matter with everything else I then cure the leaf/trash in a separate area from the buds but allow them to make their way through the whole cure process leaving no chloroform in the goods being extracted , making for a nicer and less green butter :wacko:

I like to use about 2-3 ounces of trim and popcorn and an ounce of heads per 250 grams of butter ( no fan leaf) left to brew/extract for a good 8-10 hours + makes a strong butter that isn't too overpowering and green whilst getting a very nice dosage into you.

There are allot of variations to the recipe and all about the end user experimenting with what works for them , in my particular recipes case I have come home from work to find my partner had given someone a cookie only to turn them violently ill from being too strong , whilst at the same time 1-2 where the perfect dose for myself or my partner . Start Small and work your way up is probably the best advice to give sampling it , once too much is in your system the only ways out are less than pleasant so always be wary of that when experimenting what your own preferred dosage is

Cannaversity - Canna-Butter Recipie Part 1

I like to use about 2-3 ounces of trim and popcorn and an ounce of heads per 250 grams of butter ( no fan leaf) left to brew/extract for a good 8-10 hours + makes a strong butter that isn't too overpowering and green whilst getting a very nice dosage into you.

Cannaversity - Canna-Butter Recipie Part 1

I to practice this method but had the opportunity (sadly)to add some crownies that had been affected by mould (falsely hoping boiling for 8hrs would also kill the mould.....it may but often the spores live on to see another day!!) The best thing about is due to it's potency you use less in your cooking and hence less taste. I fucking hate the taste of cannabutter (sorry guys :wacko: ) and use it in cakes to try and disguise the flavour as much as I can. But the greens chocolate mud cake used to floor me.

Still got some in the freezer (cannabutter that is)I read somewhere that it becomes more potent with age? Personally I think that's B.S....and if it's true this will be mind numbing as it's about 3yrs......that reminds me....maybe should have a look to see how it's going.....

so trim as apposed to leaf is the trimmings of the leaves nestles in and in close proximity to the buds??

just so i know, i dont want to be throwing in everything if it's not giving me what i need

essentially yes , trim is the foliage that is taken away from closer to the heads during the manicuring process and should have resin glands on them, the larger more independent leafs which are more commonly taken away before drying are referred to as fan leafs and although they do contain thc it's my personal preference to not use them in butter , though many many do and are quite happy with the results

BHO extract

i get ruffly

1 gram of hash oil out of 2oz of trim

ruff guide

2oz of leaf = 1gram of cannabis extract or hash oil

I like to use about 2-3 ounces of trim

so thats about 1.5 g of hash oil mixed with 250 grams of butter

from 1oz of high quality budz i can extract up to 2g of hash oil

the larger more independent leafs which are more commonly taken away before drying are referred to as fan leafs and although they do contain thc it's my personal preference to not use them in butter
same not for butter

instead

we love to fry the fan leaves in coco nut milk, dry it out grind dem up and make a tradicinal indian drink called bung

irey guidance