a fruiting shrub...can't for the life of me find it's name&#33

hey all we've had this plant in our garden for some time now... i always wondered about if the fruit can be edible and more recently how i go about propagation of seed, it's a multi stemed shrub which seems to grow about up to 2-3 metres high and long stems, in Winter it looses all it's leaves and small fleshy but delecate pale green/yellow finger-like flowers give it a spicy perfume scent and form up the stem, In summer it has strange fruit that start green and eventually go brown, here are some pics, i dont have any pics of flowers, you will have to wait till winter :scratchin:

post-36943-1259735519_thumb.jpg

post-36943-1259735507_thumb.jpg

post-36943-1259735525_thumb.jpg

the flowers look a bit like the pointy ends of the fruit

post-36943-1259735513_thumb.jpg

these are the seeds from insidea dried fruit

can anybody help me?

mum reckons it's a japanese allspice plant but she doesn't really know the name and google pics dont look anything like this plant

Wow, that's a funky one. It does look quite funky. Try posting a couple of pics on gardenweb or even on gardening australia forums (if they have some) and you should get an answer. Good garden center local to you (as they'd know plants which are likely to do well in your area) may be a good port of call too.

Can ask a garden center near to me if you like?