New strawberry duck.

hey everybody,

thought i would post a few pics of my new cross strawberry duck.

It is a webbed like the ducksfoot (which is its ancestors).

It is a chunky tight bud like ducks foot with a sweet fruity taste from the blueberry and the sweet tooth (which are also its ancestors).

i have not tested it how big it will get etc, but with the results so very happy.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/207227/pduck.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/207227/3pduck.JPG

sorry bad pic.

IxN

hey,

Just wondered if you have ever found any twin mutant genes in any of them... A friend recently told me of a plant that only grows three fingers per leaf but each fan and node has two, every site has the trait aswell.... Ive asked to get one to trial and maybe something special... only thing is its not webbed more pinate and never over 3 finges per set (6 in total)

even when mummed right out.... any ideas on it?

hey,

i have seen a few, with the three leaflets maximum.

I have mutant gene in my cross, i have two phenotypes, one is the strawberry duck webbed and the other is not, i recently discovered out of about 20 seeds i found a mutant with the head automatically spliting into three heads, and with twisting leaves (which i have had some blueberrys do to me before), i plan to stabilise the strain a bit more, because 1 out of 20 have a mutant gene, and 1 out of 4 are the other phenotype.

Alot of mutant genes can come from the blueberry this may be the reason for my result, with the mutant genes.

So it was pinnate, with petiolules, that is quite weird for a marijuana plant as they usually only have a petiole.

The marijuana plant is usually a serrate margined leaf and i have come across some crenate margined leaves before quite weird looking.

well it would be an interesting plant to see, i am not sure the reason for the mutantation, as i do not know its history.

if you get some pics i would love to see it

take it easy

IxN

hey sodrysbro,

no worries mate.

Well it is winter now, so they seem to be doing well for the temps we are getting her.

I will be using a product soon called Envy.

It is a Frost protectant, and anti-transparant, it puts a proctective seal across the leaves and stem etc, to protect it against ice nucleating bacteria.

I will be testing how it goes, and will let you know.

take it easy

IxN

Guest Urbanhog
I will be using a product soon called Envy.

It is a Frost protectant, and anti-transparant, it puts a proctective seal across the leaves and stem etc, to protect it against ice nucleating bacteria.

Hello, and welcome to OzStoners :huh:

Just curious, are you based in Canada or something? because I have never heard of this product, or maybe I havent been checking out my local shops enough :o

Cheers,

Urbie :P

hey sniffer,

well the reason for the strawberry part is cause of the smell and the ancestors in which it got that scent from.

this is it's ancestors.

sweet tooth x blueberry x duck x duck X duck.

Some up dates: They doubled in size, the three in plants are all females, they are going to head so they are now shooting out.

I am surprised how well they are doing for these kind of temps.

I will post some pics when i get the camera again

take it easy

IxN