Problems with flowering

Hi Guys

You helped me out brilliantly when I got a dose of spider mite with my last grow - sorted it all out (I got 3.5 lb from two girls - very happy). Now I've got a problem with the next grow - the plants have been 'turned' for about 4 weeks now, but the heads are nowhere near what they should be - very small white buds. The plant itself seems really healthy, no yellowing or curling leaves etc.

I normally use cyco flower a & b but this wasnt available so I got hold of an Australian equivalent - the bloke at the shoe swore it was as good, and I'm using DM Gold for the nutrient.

I'm just a bit worried that I'm going to end up with nothing at the end of this grow - any help is really appreciated.

Cheers & Thanks

Thx for the quick reply fellas sorry about the lack of info - was a bit frazzled when writing it out. The plants are a new clone from a mate, this is the first time I've used em - when I said 'white buds' I mean there are perhaps 10 - 12 inches of hairy white flowers, ranging from thumbnail size to smaller - they are about 1.5 - 3 inches apart. If this was week one or twp I'd be stoked but week 4 is pretty upsetting. As I said before the plants all look healthy enough, there was a tiny light leak in the corner of my room but that is now sealed up. I've used the Dutch Master original for flowering since for ever - this is the first time I used their gold product so maybe I've tried too many 'new' things to be concerned with - another thing that concerns me is that some of the white hairs are already starting to brown - not all of them by a good bit, but enough to be concerning.

There - another panicked ramble - if any of you can make any sense and offer advice I'd be more than happy to listen.

Cheers & Thanks again

Is there any reference to the clones behaviour, like has your friend documented it's flowering time and behaviour?

You can't lump all genetics into a single flowering cycle, 4 weeks for some genetics will show barely anything.

Plants will perform to their genetic capability if given the right conditions, you shouldn't have to pump them full of whatever the hydro shop guy is trying to flog in order for them to perform, some genetics will always be light on yield, but that's in no way restrictive on their potential quality, and the reverse, some heavy yielders will be of low quality and a lower yield of a better quality strain would be better than getting a huge amount of rubbish.

Week 4 with 12" tips of white hairs shouldn't be something to be dissapointed with, some strains may sit like that and slowly develop till say week 8 or beyond, then all of a sudden just bulk up significantly, and that's if their genetics allow them to bulk up.

It's a bit hard to be specific with such little information, we don't know if it's pure indica, sativa, hybrid and then the dominant leaning of that.

Maybe you are doing something wrong and aren't providing the genetics their correct environment, alternatively you may just have a more sativa dominant girl.

Thanks smithy500 - maybe I am being overly pessimistic - I appreciate what you're saying - what I will do in future is revert to my tried & nutrients & superbud and leave the fancy stuff on the shelf; I'll also have another word with the bloke who provided the clones, maybe I'm not being kind to the strain...

Thanks again (to everyone who responded) & happy growing....