My seed are not germinating

or put them in a plastic container on top of your computer case (above the power supply)... free heat mat for germinating

:)

The comp is a great heater! My best germ results have always been with a glass of water somewhere warm. Last lot I had sitting next to my comp, around the 25 deg C mark, and all had popped in 48 - 72 hours. :)

this time of the year do you really think a heat mat is needed? if so turn it right down to 18c + light heat you will have a root zone around 20c+ thats good for lights on, lights off try to get delicate roots a touch cooler.

i use my mat through winter on clones but turn it off in spring. If night time temps are above 15c and day time above 25c dont use any extra heat it just isnt needed And could Cause an out break of algee, root rot in bubblers even burnt plants or root tips which doesnt get you off to the best of starts..

hey manson - 48 - 72 hrs - is the time it'll take until you first see those seeds have cracked under the paper towel method when done properly. make sure they aren't too wet, just wet damp. not dripping.

the easiest way is to leave them floating in a glass of water, each day renew the water preferably filtered water tho. this way takes 2 - 3 days for them to crack.

if they still don't crack, try using a nail file and lightly file only the outer layer of one side of the seed. just until you see it has been filed.. not much at all. then return them to the glass. if this doesn't work then they're fucked.

hey manson - 48 - 72 hrs - is the time it'll take until you first see those seeds have cracked under the paper towel method when done properly. make sure they aren't too wet, just wet damp. not dripping.

the easiest way is to leave them floating in a glass of water, each day renew the water preferably filtered water tho. this way takes 2 - 3 days for them to crack.

if they still don't crack, try using a nail file and lightly file only the outer layer of one side of the seed. just until you see it has been filed.. not much at all. then return them to the glass. if this doesn't work then they're fucked.

What are the effect if I had aready use dripping wet towels?