Alcohol vs. Marijuana

Alcohol is the same as anything else in that it's ok if it isn't abused. Alcohol is under siege because of idiots.

Cannabis is where it is today because of idiots blaming their stupidity and anti-social behaviour on cannabis.

Why the courts take notice of these idiots I have no idea.

'Cause there are idiots in the courts too.

There are idiots everywhere, and there are less smart people everywhere, but they're still everywhere.

In no way am I including myself in that group by the way, 'cause I could very well be as uninformed as anyone else, but I do think the argument that the majority are uninformed or misinformed (intentionally by others or not, it doesn't matter), and being the majority hold the greatest sway, is a fair argument to make.

Edited by FalseID

The media can distort things and make statistics up to have a good story.

But the truth of it is, that not everyone IS an idiot.

And the vast majority of people are quite moderate.

Moderate in their use of substances and moderate in their tolerance of other peoples habits as well.

I don't believe >50% of australians would vote against lessening the penalties for possession of cannabis.

But the success or failure of a referendum is all in how the question is worded.

Supposedly a successful ref. is meant to be followed up with laws that correlate to the publics' sentiment.

And it's for this reason that local govt's are an illegal entity, as they were legislated after a referendum where the people said NO to a third tier of govt.

Or would you prefer me agree with your apathy so we can forget the battle for liberty, put our feet up and keep ignorantly blazing. lol

A bong isn't immunity from action.

The media can distort things and make statistics up to have a good story.

But the truth of it is, that not everyone IS an idiot.

And the vast majority of people are quite moderate.

Moderate in their use of substances and moderate in their tolerance of other peoples habits as well.

I don't believe >50% of australians would vote against lessening the penalties for possession of cannabis.

But the success or failure of a referendum is all in how the question is worded.

Supposedly a successful ref. is meant to be followed up with laws that correlate to the publics' sentiment.

And it's for this reason that local govt's are an illegal entity, as they were legislated after a referendum where the people said NO to a third tier of govt.

Or would you prefer me agree with your apathy so we can forget the battle for liberty, put our feet up and keep ignorantly blazing. lol

A bong isn't immunity from action.

Agreed. Im sick of having to run around to 'get on' like a rat, to be chastised by my family members, to be thought of as just a low-life druggie, because i like to smoke cannabis. Its high time(no pun intended) we started standing up for our right to put into our bodies, whatever the fuck we feel like putting in them, by the laws of the universe, not even God himself can tell me what i can or cant put into my body, so why should we let ourselves be told what to do by ignorant assholes with a little bit of power?

The question now is, what are we going to do about it?

lol

There is no problem except those created in the mind.

I know how unfortunately cliched and hippy this is

But the only thing stopping us is ourselves.

And I reckon riding the medicinal bandwagon is a bit of a cop out.

As was said, not even god can tell us what to ingest (thus the allegory of eve's apple-offering and the 'fall of man' into knowledge and awareness).

Plus the line between recreational and medicinal use is indistinguishable imo.

As the relaxed mental state empowers mind over matter.

And both enjoyment and pain are neurochemical states of mind.

Not to mention the spiritual argument - which is both premature (for society) and overdue (for those Aware).

I say, convert everyone you can until the most opportune time for uprising.

Too early and you'll spoil the movement.

Too late and you've missed the bus.

Cynical? You might as well curl up and die.

Hope springs eternal.

Also, I think the anti-cannabis statistics are greatly exaggerated.

And though the nay-sayers speak loudest (opinionated shits that they are)

I still think the number of people that would prefer cannabis decriminalised have the majority.

Referendum me.

And we'll see.