Male plants

Hey brothers

My very first grow and 10 seeds became 7 seedlings and, 9 days into flowering it's clear I have 5 males and 2 females (see images). I've taken the boys out of the grow room and put them outside. Strain is Hollands Hope which is supposed to be good for outdoor growing anyway so they'll probably continue to do well. They've come out of 12/12 under 600W HPS and sunrise to sunset here in Adelaide is a bit over 13 hours and increasing as we head into Summer.

My question: Do I just trash the males and say 'ce la vie' or can I get any high from them?

I have a vaporizer on the way so I was wondering if that could eke out any goodness.

If no value then it's the green waste pickup next week for them.

Any advice appreciated.

Peace,

Namaste.

post-17491-1256039005_thumb.jpg

post-17491-1256039017_thumb.jpg

post-17491-1256039027_thumb.jpg

post-17491-1256039041_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies fellas. I'm running the gauntlet with the plants in the yard so I'm inclined to either 'process' them somehow or ditch them and just stay focused on the main game until the girls present me with a very merry (mellow?) Christmas.

Fertilising part of my girls sounds interesting. Will research that.

Peace.

Namaste.

Hello Namaste.

They are very beautiful boy plants.

I'm quite a new grower and decided to smoke a male plant of mine (big and small leaves) just so I'd know and I did not get stoned as such, just got a bad feeling in the eyes and had a headache the next day. I do know people who have turned their boys into butter with better success, although I have not tried it myself.

I would definitely go with fertilising a few buds with pollen from your best plants. You can store the pollen in the fridge or freezer until your girls are ready - I've had seeds from both fridge and freezer pollen.

Hope this helps and is not too late.

Anna

well now they are out in the sun

maganifing glass and a straw workza treat

crystal by crystal

:yinyang:

Hope I'm not too late.

I hear say (and read evidence to the effect) of male plants containing interesting compounds in all parts (probably best used for extraction or butter) but also of the roots.

These can have more of a deleterious effect, combined with the ordinary high, but there is reported evidence of effect.

An experiment is better than a dud.

You could try and hermy them with genetic irradiation, lighting glitches (1/1/1/1/1 ... etc.) or high P ferts.

But I'd just grow em for their roots and aerial parts (Tea and Butter).

:yinyang: