Hi every one out there hope every thing is good. I have recentley read two grow books Marijuana growers guide by Mel Frank published in 1978 and cannabis cultavation by Mel Thomas copyright 2006. The book by Mel frank is great I have been able to fix alot of problems and have had many sucsessfull crops because of this book but the one by Mel thomas has information in there that is questionable for instance he recomends for any type of indoor grow to use 6 inch pots when i normally use 15 inch or 3 plus gallons. Also the book by Mel frank states to use 2 gallon plus after the 1st or 2nd month or the plants will get root bound. Cannabis cultavition also states that you do not need a mh lamp to just use an hps or your plants will streach. This is also strang because i have heard the total opistite in hightimes that a mh is better to use because it causes less streaching and is more of a natural light for plants and if you are only going to use one light to use a mh because it is all around better.The reason i am posting this is because i have allways grown the same way and am interested in trying new techniqes to make my grow better and easier. If anyone has ever tryed to use any of the techniques i just metioned or has any advice for someone growing out of a closet that is 3x6 please let me know i dont trust the books because the one was written so long ago and the other one seems like the information is wrong if anyone has any insight or recommends a better book please let me know thnaks.

I usually use a mh to veg with then switch to a hps around week 2 flow. But think technically you're sposed to add the hps for flower. I can't afford the heat etc.

Have flowered right through with mh many times. Density and yield are better with hps.

And bigger roots = bigger fruits mate :wave:

id trust anything mel frank has written.. even tho the book was written 30 years ago.. he is probably the foremost author on growing MJ.. indoors or out.. he has an insiders growers guide too... but the growers guide pretty much covers everything.. as you can see.. this was the first book i read.. and we used to refer to it as the bible.. not to be confused with Greg Greens cannabible series.. which is totally crap imo...

also for a more fundamental run down of the cannabis plant.. look into getting a copy of Marijuana Botany by RC Clark..

also if you can track down anything written by Ed Rosenthal.. he used to write for High Times years ago in the ask ED section.. before George Cervantes started... id prefer to read anything Ed has written over anything George Cervantes has written.. but really.. anything written by Mel, RC Clark, ED or George ... youd be onto some pretty good info...

Sorry to crack open the vault but anyone herd of integral hydroponics by G.LOW? i couldnt recommend this book enough helped me soo much, a mate of mine gave it to me to borrow and i owe him the world.

BTW i was new to the whole thing before reading

.....greenaz

Sorry to crack open the vault but anyone herd of integral hydroponics by G.LOW? i couldnt recommend this book enough helped me soo much, a mate of mine gave it to me to borrow and i owe him the world.

BTW i was new to the whole thing before reading

.....greenaz

Integral hydroponics third ed. Is by far the best $40 i have spent.

.....Pisslips

I bought a copy of "The Sinsimella Technique" by Kayo in the mid eighties. Of the books I've read so far regarding mullies this stands head & shoulders above all else. Sadly I left it in the car & it got stolen! Fast forward 20 years & I tracked it down on e-bay!!!! A brand new copy :) !!! Should be arriving any day now! It has colour photos of plants with infra-red to show how much energy is thrown by plants...amazing!!!

Thanks for that information. I'll go online and look for some books I have just got my seeds and before I plant them I want to look into the how 2's so that I get a good result.

This is all so different from the 70's when you could plant them out in the garden and pick leaves and buds off like parsley. (those were the days)