Regrowing plants

also, some suggest that if you take a plant to maturity and reveg potency increases. Do it a 2nd time, increase again. Third, increase. But then after that the plant is expected to lose potency through subsequent veg/flo cycles.

Don't wanna steal bufo's thunder........(no dis intended bufo :peace: ) but what a crock of shit. I mean if u believe as I do that genetics determine potency, than how does taking cuttings from the same plant increase it's potency?

Oh and Baron I'm not trying to dis u either.....your tenacity to explore alternatives options against popular opinion is to be highly commended and respected.

cheers

I think the theory is that a more mature plant produces better bud. Gotta suggest it's a pretty popular theory, unlike some of my other ideas. Theory also sets well with the experience of those who have done it in that once the plant gets 'too old' peak flowering is past.

If I don't sort out my small cupboard shortly I'll be joining the more conventional crowd.

also, flatcat_auz, the theory is _NOT_ that clones are better than parent. This is purely about the flo/veg/flo/veg/flo/veg of a single plant.

Of course, as the plant is put through veg cycles it's a bloody convenient time to take clones of your known good stock. The potency of these is a separate question, concerning 'clones of clones', and being something I have done but not through enough 'generations' to claim anything. Unlike animal cloning where artificial means is used replace (or splice) embryonic DNA and result in similar but not quite identical progeny plant cloning _should_ result in 'continuance' of the _exact same_ DNA.

We don't actually 'clone', we 'propogate from cutting'. Think of a lizard tail growing a new lizard.