POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER

joeybc

Question

Hi I've just started the use of cannabis as a treatment of PTSD and would like to add some advice on the subject. First of all I'm not a regular pot user; once a week is more than enough for me, but when I do use it it is such a relief to the disorder and its symptoms. I am on an awful lot of medications for PTSD and although they work for a large majority of the time they don't work all the time. However a single cone of cannabis is such a relief. It takes all the signs and symptoms of fear, agoraphobia, body tingles and others away. It is such a wonderful few hours of escape for me to be without the symptoms of PTSD.

How I got PTSD is not important here, however I fully understand the guys in Vietnam being reliant on cannabis to quill the pain for an hour or three. I understand now what I thought were loose morals and discipline.

I don't know if this is the place to ask but I was wondering what is the best type and strain of buds to take for a laughing high? I plan to grow just enough for myself to use so I'll only need two plants max. If some one could point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative. And where to buy the seeds from?

Thanks to all who support this forum.

Cheers, Joeybc

Edited by joeybc

gday and welcome

sorry to hear of your condition

PTSD is becoming alot more prevelant these days i notice

the laughing high u speak of originates from the sativas

the more indica the harder or more couch like stone

also harvesting at different times can influence the high

personally id try a hybrid 1st 1 more sat dom than indica

as growing a 100% sativa can be long an painfull

all thebest

bil

now finding a trustworthy seedbank is an individual choice

are u based in oz?

if u where in a cannabis friendly country it would be alot easier

Hi everyone. Well I managed to get several plants into pots and they have grown up nicely, all except for one thing... A hail storm yesterday knocked off most of the trichromes from the plants. Some of the hail were as big as golf balls : (. Any how I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the trichromes will grow back? I still have four weeks to go till the due harvest date and would like to know if it is worthwhile leaving the plants or pulling them now? I have put two back under lights for a 12/12 cycle as the weather has cooled off somewhat over the last week or two.

Any feedback would be great, thanks in advance.

Joeybc

Can someone explain how there is a difference between asking where to buy seeds and where to score?

all members agree when they apply to become a member to abide by the Rules as set out by the Administration of OzStoners

within those Rules it states in part, that

No trading of controlled vegetation this includes clones, seeds, heads (buds) or anything which is related to the dealing of illegal substances or their plant matter

The offer or request of information concerning theft, deception, drug dealing is prohibited

within certain countries the sale of Cannabis seeds is legal and uncontrolled, therefore not considered 'drug dealing'

a full copy of Site Rules can be found here https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...?act=boardrules

any further queries should be directed to Administration

:)

apologies for interupting your thread joeybc :)

regarding the trichomes , sorry to hear of the damage done , there would still be some trichomes on your buds and depending on how far advanced flowering is there will still be some new trichomes being produced

these remaining trichomes will continue to mature as they age , generally this results in the effects becoming more narcotic

so maybe you could harvest some now and some later

these are only my opinions, the decision really lies with yourself

all the best

:)

Hey mate.

I'll chime in with my 2c.

I've done a bit of work in a couple of war zones - specifically, civil wars in the 3rd world, which can get pretty messy. Last time out I was under artillery fire for about a week while working with refugees. This came at the end of my stay. It was rugged. I needed to keep my shit together while there - no use to anyone otherwise - but I came home and let myself feel what I was feeling, and had a bit of a rough trot for a few months. I had no idea what was wrong with me - kept thinking my heart was giving out, etc. Anyway, I'm lucky to have a great GP who pegged the anxiety episodes as PTSD, and I got the appropriate care.

The first thing you need to do is that, of course. I know I'm coming to this late, and am undoubtedly telling you what you already know, but this may be of help if anyone comes here via Google etc. Cannabis is no replacement for cognitive approaches. The good news about PTSD is it's pretty treatable nowadays. Look into cognitive behavioral therapy if you haven't already. It's as efficacious as meds. I'm right as rain these days. You'll get through this, but it does suck mightily while you're there. Are you over the worst of it now, mate?

Now, that said, the following has been my experience:

I'm a sativa nut. I love the happy, energetic, creative, trippy high of a good sati.

What I find, though (and this is just a personal thing - but have met others who felt the same way) is that if I hit the Sati too hard, or for too long, I feel great while high, but my overall stress levels start creeping up. So do keep an eye on that. I try to have something Indica-dom around so I can flip if I start to feel stressed.

Personally, I reckon that Indica strains are better for mellowing out (ie: stoned rather than high) if you're anxious or stressed. Of course, everyone's brain is different, but do keep that in mind. Do keep an eye on your ongoing mental state if you decide to smoke something sati-dom and have PTSD or anxiety. Cannabis is a godsend for those with anxiety - but of course, no two strains are the same in their effects.

Anyway, that's my tuppence worth.

EDIT: Frazz' idea of harvesting twice (you can do this based on trich color also - providing more appear) is a great one, and something I intend trying with my current run (which is Sati all the way). I'll report on how that goes, but I reckon it's very sound advice for getting two subtly different states out of the one plant.

What I find, though (and this is just a personal thing - but have met others who felt the same way) is that if I hit the Sati too hard, or for too long, I feel great while high, but my overall stress levels start creeping up. So do keep an eye on that. I try to have something Indica-dom around so I can flip if I start to feel stressed.

Personally, I reckon that Indica strains are better for mellowing out (ie: stoned rather than high) if you're anxious or stressed. Of course, everyone's brain is different, but do keep that in mind. Do keep an eye on your ongoing mental state if you decide to smoke something sati-dom and have PTSD or anxiety. Cannabis is a godsend for those with anxiety - but of course, no two strains are the same in their effects.

That said, the THC/CBD content is very important when dealing with mental problems.

CBD is a powerful anti-psychotic, unlike plain THC.

The two together (usually found in hybrid or indica strains are great.

But too much THC with not enough CBD (as found in strong sativas) can cause problems.

Read this page for more info, posted by member grace.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...c=27320&hl=

Edited by phreak1987