How long and how much

Hello All! I thought that I get the quickest answers from here.

I'm cooking up some canna butter, and have small test batch (3oz of bud/kiff(pretty finely mulched) to 100g of butter) boiling right now, been boiling about an hour now. How long should one keep boiling it? I've heard that longer the better, but some videos have told to boil only for an hour (that was ground up with a blender tho).

Also, what about the ratio? More/less butter? I have heaps of this stuff so I want to get it right and not make it too weak.

Thanks for all the input!

90g to 90g of weed sounds about right although it could be even stronger if only leaf or left overs from a bubble hash run. i hate the taste of the stuff so the stronger the better for me..damb does it mess you up.

dont burn the weed gentle simmer with lid partially cracked for atleast 6 hours, take an old shirt filter while hot, get all liquid out then you can filter again through a fine bubble bag or just pour straight into your container and into the fridge.

People who use butter are a little simple.. :peace:

Hopefully next time you will know better.

How to really prep pot for cooking.

What you need.

A double boiler, a pan inside a pan with water separating the inner pot from the outer, never let the inner pots base meet the outer pots base while the heat is on. Any questions on that one... ask your grandmother, or look at the little picture here.

Finely grind your best ounce to a powder you could snort, don't snort it ya fool.

Good olive oil or whatever you like to make cakes and brownies with. make sure it is good or you will blow your dough with stupidity.

How to do it.

Setup your double boiler with the small pot floating.

Put dry pot in the empty smaller pot. the one without the water in it.

Add oil to your pot until the weed is covered. Less is better but make sure it is covered fully with oil.

Boil the water, which in turn heats the oil. The oil will never get over boiling temp and never vaporises the THC either.

Stir the weed/oil mix occasionally and top up the water in the lower pot. Don't get water in the oil ya fool, althought the oil shouldn't ever get hot enough for the water in oil to boil and explode and shower you with hot oil, Safety First.

After an hour or so the oil will be infused with the plant matters oils,THC, and will be ready to strain.

I use a screen printing silk to separate the vegetable matter from the oil but A really fine strainer should work just let it cool a little so you don't melt your strainer. The oil should still be almost too hot to hold but not hot enough to really burn you.

I use a "Greens" Brownie mix which asks for a little more oil than I make so I cut the oil with fresh oil and save half in the fridge for the next week.

Conclusion.

Oil infusion using a double boiling technique is faster, better for premade cake mixes, and safer since there is no chance of vapourising your THC and creating useless green butter.