B.C.'s Prince of Pot surrenders for extradition to U.S. to face dr

museummouse

Cannabisculture

Internationally known cannabis activist and businessman Marc Emery turned himself over to the British Columbia Provincial courts today waiting extradition to the US for pleading guilty to conspiracy to manufacture cannabis. Marc will be serving a five year sentence in a deal struck with the DEA which also had co-defendants Micheal Rainey and Greg Williams receive 5 years probation but no jail time. The Canadian Justice Minister Rob Nicholson has yet to sign the extradition order and supporters are hoping that he refuses but that is unlikely since Canada has never refused to sign an order for the US.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/museummouse/Marc%20Emery%20Extradition/freemarcememry005.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/museummouse/Marc%20Emery%20Extradition/freemarcememry006.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/museummouse/Marc%20Emery%20Extradition/freemarcememry003.jpg

The Government needs to be taken out i would suggest 2000 snipers would do the job!

But seriously what the Government is doing is illegal by nature Fuck them all even OBAMA!!!!!

OBAMA=White man with black skin (POSTER BOY)

its all good that he is going to jail that means the WAR against propaganda and legalisation will be WON QUICKER!

makes me sik!, vote for googles 10 to the power of 100 project and vote for the *make goverments more transparent!!!!! if we all stick together we can voice our opinions on this site if it wins and mayb wif such huge demand we can make our weed LEGAL evrywere!!!!!!!!!!! gotta fight 2 win!!!

br3tt3, maybe you should make an independent thread for that link and explain to everyone what it is, that way you'll get a better response than posting it in a random thread.

br3tt3, maybe you should make an independent thread for that link and explain to everyone what it is, that way you'll get a better response than posting it in a random thread.

Crunchy, i think that is a really good idea as i feel very strongly about this campaighn, i was wandering though if you could plz tell me who 2 make a thread? as i tried and didnt no how, i only started using this site today :|, thx

The 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs provides a defintion for cannabis:

Article 1

DEFINITIONS

1. Except where otherwise expressly indicated or where the context otherwise requires, the following

definitions shall apply throughout the Convention:

:D “Cannabis” means the flowering or fruiting tops of the cannabis plant (excluding the

seeds and leaves when not accompanied by the tops) from which the resin has not been

extracted, by whatever name they may be designated.

http://www.incb.org/pdf/e/conv/convention_1961_en.pdf

Canada and the United States are both signatories to the convention.

If mj/cannabis seeds are not defined as cannabis and are excluded from the treaty .... what offence has been committed?

B.C.'s Prince of Pot surrenders for extradition to U.S. to face drug charges

After flouting marijuana laws for decades, British Columbia's so-called prince of pot turned himself in to authorities Monday to face extradition to the U.S.

But Marc Emery was defiant until the end.

"Plant the seeds of freedom. Over grow the government everyone," Emery yelled as he was led away by sheriffs at the B.C. Supreme Court in downtown Vancouver.

His wife Jodie Emery wept during the short court process where Justice Anne MacKenzie committed Emery for surrender to the United States.

Earlier this month, Emery reached a plea agreement to serve a five-year prison term for selling marijuana seeds to American customers. The next step is for the federal justice minister to order his surrender.

But before he surrendered himself, Emery told supporters and a horde of media outside the court that he was hopeful the minister wouldn't approve the extradition.

"And if they do sign they must be punished in the next election," he said.

If that doesn't work, Emery is hoping he'll be transferred to serve his time at home under an agreement between Canada and the United States that allows prisoners to serve their time in their home countries.

"I would be out on the street with you a year from now if I'm transferred back to Canada as a non-violent first offender in the federal system."

He conceded that the Conservative government has so far refused to repatriate any Canadian convicted in the United States of a marijuana offence.

"That bodes poorly for me," Emery told reporters.

He doesn't deny selling the seeds to U.S. customers - in fact, he said he did so deliberately.

"I'm proud of representing the cannabis culture," he told the crowd outside the courthouse.

"There's no crime ... the crime is we have a government that continues to hand a huge business over to the underground, the criminal element as a matter of public policy."

He said politicians who support marijuana prohibition are supporters of organized crime.

Jodie Emery told the crowd she was devastated her husband was going to prison and furious with the Canadian government.

"Help bring my husband back home to me please," she said, weeping.

She said her husband is a political prisoner because when he was arrested on the U.S. charges, the American prosecutor issued a news release saying the arrest was a significant blow to the marijuana legalization movement.

"When you consider that there are people moving tones of cocaine and damaging harmful drugs and weapons . . . this is insulting," she said.

"Nobody should go to prison for a plant."

Two of Emery's co-accused, Michelle Rainey and Greg Williams, were sentenced to two years probation in a Seattle court last July for helping Emery mail the pot seeds to the U.S.

Emery is hoping his supporters will make it "politically unpalatable" to keep him incarcerated.

He is the publisher of Cannabis Culture Magazine and owns the Cannabis Culture store which sells everything from T-shirts to "herbal equipment."

Emery has run for political office under the Marijuana Party banner and has taken part in protests across the country in an effort to decriminalize pot.

He's been arrested more than a dozen arrests across the country because of his marijuana activism, and spent a three-month stint in Saskatoon Correction Centre.

"I didn't like being there while I was there, but I had many epiphanies and revelations about myself," he said.

"So I hope I can make good use of that time in more awkward circumstances in the United States."

Author: Terri Theodore

Date: 29 September 2009

Copyright: © 2009 The Canadian Press

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianp...PebjbA7nsPDUXWg

“Cannabis” means the flowering or fruiting tops of the cannabis plant (excluding the

seeds and leaves when not accompanied by the tops) from which the resin has not been

extracted, by whatever name they may be designated.

If only Marc Emery had a McKenzie friend like you grace :D

I do believe someone is going to try this in Qld court very soon, fuck I hope it gets up, it will make a lot of people red faced, mainly lazy arsehole lawyers and goggle visioned judges :D hopefully the media will report it if it's successful :D

I rang Cannabis Culture Magazine this afternoon and spoke with Jodi Emery, hoping to advise her of a possible legal avenue in regards the 1961 Single Treaty. She very politely advised me that the US government have asked to have her husband extradicted under conspiracy charges not just seed offences.

I feel extremely sad for her, she was very down but courteous and I wish her and her husband a swift reunion. Damn

Edited by bufo marinus

I rang Cannabis Culture Magazine this afternoon and spoke with Jodi Emery, hoping to advise her of a possible legal avenue in regards the 1961 Single Treaty. She very politely advised me that the US government have asked to have her husband extradicted under conspiracy charges not just seed offences.

I feel extremely sad for her, she was very down but courteous and I wish her and her husband a swift reunion. Damn

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Obama had done a deal with the Feds. Leave the small people alone and we will get you Marc Emery. A trade off for the new laws on medicinal cannabis.

Conspiracy theorist I am not but sometimes it could be that way. :D