Is Cloning Really Necessary?

Tokes

Hey guys I am very new to growing and I have the general idea of what cloning is, taking a part of your favorite plant and cloning it? that is about as much as i know.. I want to grow 2 plants in a grow closet I am yet to build but from the looks of things building a cloning thingy-maboby is the most complicated part of a grow set up and looks quite pricey also..

So is it really necessary to have one? whats are the real benefits? the only reason i am thinking of growing is for personal use because i am sick of paying for crap amounts of bud :bongon:.

Thanks for any help or advice in advance guys. :peace:

cloning your favorite plant allows you to keep that same plant for many years .. by taking a cutting placing it under right conditions that cutting will grow roots of its own, after a few weeks cutting will grow into a separate yet identical plant to the original favorite ..

with cannabis if you take the cutting before the plant goes to flower then it stays in growth mode ... also this cutting will be same sex as donor plant, namely female ... main advantages are you can keep a constant garden going with plants either in growth stage and/or flower stage , no need to raise seedlings and sex them ...

demo

its not something you have to do though :bongon:

:peace:

Yeah what they are sayings is correct but see i am in the prosses of learning how to clone right now i took one clone and it died so now i am on my second clone its been 6 or 7 days and no roots but it seems to be looking good and alive though. Its worth it tho once you get it down i just havent seen the benefit yet...!

which cloning method are you using?

I _basically_ poke sticks in dirt, and get a decent success rate. Doing this is slower than more careful methods but in my grow I make more clones than I need and let the quicker ones proceed through as normal, slow clones get delayed and may end up bein mixed with later clones, or may be discarded.