New HEMP-CAR : The Lotus Eco Elise Roadster ...

:thumbdown:

Not the Newest News but Check it out anyway ... pretty snazzy looking ;)

Lotus will unveil an environmentally-friendly version of its sporty roadster called Eco Elise at the British Motor Show that opens its doors on July 22. Unlike most eco-friendly propositions of our time, the Eco Elise study doesn’t revolve solely around tailpipe CO2 emissions. Instead, the Brits tried a holistic approach to ecology by using sustainable materials, cleaner manufacturing processes, renewable energy generation and of course, by reducing the car’s weight.

The renewable materials that have been incorporated into the Eco Elis project include hemp (industrial cannabis) that’s used on the car’s composite body panels, spoiler and seats, eco wool for the upholstery and sisal for the carpet. Cleaner manufacturing processes have been achieved by utilizing the latest water based paint technology. As for renewable energy generation, the Eco Elise’s hemp hard top incorporates a set of solar panels that provide power for the car’s electrical systems.

Link with photo: New Hemp Car By Lotus

The only Pic I could find of the whole car was this one ...

post-8241-1253609817_thumb.jpg

I can't say for sure that this pic is the "real-deal" of what it looks like ... :D ... but if It is ... that has to be the coolest looking car I think I've ever seen :P

Another closer inspection and It looks to be a Graphic ... but It does fit the description , Solar Panels on the roof and all (very cool :))

Anyhoo , just thought I'd put that out there in case you might not have seen it :scratchin:

Cheerz All ;)

Budman :D

EDIT: ;) Yeh , Here is a different article (from over a year ago) with the proper pictures ...

Link : Hemp Car By Lotus

Cool as :)