Harvest Time

Ive read alot about waiting till the tricombes turn say at least 30-50% amber before harvesting.

Will they definatley end up amber the longer I leave it or is it strain dependent?

Have a mixed bag all 8 weeks into flower. Some heads are stinky with lots of sugary tricomes. Some head leafs yellowing and curling up. But they have not changed to amber within the last 2 weeks as I expected.

I have around 5% amber and 75% cloudy. Rest are clear. Has been like this for a week.

Do I keep waiting it out or pick plants that seem ready by smell and or will the amber definatley come????

red hairs about 30%

Replies from experiance not read advice needed!

600DW HPS, Aero, AC, CO2

theres 2 ways you can go about telling if the plant is ready... the fibres are a sure thing... as the plant matures it reaches sexual maturity.. this is when the fibres are about 50/50.. from this point onwards.. if the plant is seeded.. the seeds wont mature in time to be viable.. or very little will.. its from this point onwards that the THC starts to breaks down into CBN.. which is believed to be the active compound that leads to the "couchlock" stone.. so when the fibres are at 50/50 this is at its peek THC%.. then, from now till the plant matures the plant starts to break down the THC to CBN.. this is the cloudy effect you see in the trichomes... the clearer the trichomes the more THC%.. as is my understanding... the plant keeps producing THC right up until you harvest.. but as the plant ripens it breaks down the THC faster than it can produce it.. this is when the fibres are at around 75% browned off( or dead) its at this stage.. or there abouts .. that the plant isnt producing enough THC to replace the THC thats broken down to CBN.. so this is probably the most ideal time to harvest.. how ever.. if you like the more couch lock effect you can leave it go a little longer till the fibres are about 90% browned off.. Edited by SukonmiSkunk

pick some now , pick some later on , and pick some in between ... ya cant go wrong :bongon:

:nono:

a good idea, this way as well you will be able too tell which stoned suits youa nd next time you can harvest accordingly. From all the reading i have done it comes down wholly too personal preference when you harvest. The different stoned at the different stages is very noticable. and harvesting at various times will enable you too test each fully :wave:.

In my Grow Bible (Jorge Cervantes) it reccomends harvesting when there is more browning pistils at the bottom than there is new white ones forming.