Clones + optimal conditions

Well i am looking too build a clonebox out of a spare cupboard i have just using a couple of 48W CFLS for it. Just wondering what you guys consider too be the "optimal conditions"

i.e.e

humidity:

Temperature:

soil moisture level:

airflow:

I will be able too add exhast fans for climate control and was thinking of trying too build a metronome sort of thing too keep the humidity in whilst the fans arent on... like flaps that shut then the fans tun off. As for creating a humid environment i am really unsure how too go, i can put my old fishtank heater in a bucket which may give off some moisture or some kind of automated mister. I have looked into this a bit and think that i could slightly modify a car windscreen sprayer thing with a new nozzle too do this quite nicely.

But yeah, i want this area too be as perfect as possible for them so that they have the best possible chance of survivng. Because at the moment i am having about one in every 3-4 fail on me ;) which is too be expected i suppose but i need too build this area anyways so i might as well do it properly :photo:

soil moisture like how often too water... i understand around when the soil dries out nearly is a good time, i am using about 80/20 coco/perlite for my clones.

had the roots start shooting around the edge of the cup on one of my original clones which is good too see, settling nicely and the leaves are starting too grow a bit. I am going too buy another 55L storage box and make my own gladwrap type plastic lid for it i will be putting this in the cupboard with the CFLs above it. This will be basically my "humidity dome".

Also, i have found that even in my less than perfect conditions (just sitting in a cupboard under the fluoro in cups) they are taking pretty well, i have found that generally the clones that die are ones i have taken off "immature" branches, ones which aren't quite solid enough yet. Going too try taking some larger clones today off my big girls see how they go. Because the bigger the clone the less veg time i gotta give it :photo:

yea i dont reckon ya need ventilation just the opening and closing of the clone box is enuf air exchange , as needweed said why not try the aero cloner , there's a couple of tutorials around on making one , pretty simple and the results are great as a rule ...

of course ya dont want the medium too wet just damp and air and warmth and the rootlets soon pop out ,

i do mine in perlite and just rely on the water that runs down the stem from water-spray bottle which i use pretty often ... sounds like you doing alright as it is anyways ...

all the best with 'em

:photo:

yeah they weren't looking healthy for a bit but perked back up. i am just gladwrapping over a 25l plastic container for the timebeing with some moist perlite in the bottom and the CFL overhead. Swapping my girls too flower now so i want these too survive as the next generation and too give me inspiration too buy/build another cupboard for vegging. I haven't looking into the aerocloning method before i will do some research on it when i finish work tomorrow. Anything is worth a try if it works :photo:

hay darkspark

i try and keep it simple as posiable

peat puks expanded with tap water

dip cutting in clonex and place in peat puk

put in humidity dome with vents just cracked

keeping warm not hot

under t5 fluro

between 7..14 day you have roots

when roots pop out of peat pot them up

humidity and warmth and your on a winner

stinky :photo: ;) :D

Hey...

I soak 40mm cubes in a bucket of "Seed n Clone" for about an hour.

While they`re soaking i clean out my humidity dome with metholated spirits (i dont use the grilled tray in the dome, instead i poke a hole in each corner of the sealed/catch tray and thats where the clones sit)

Then i drain the bucket and shake the cubes of the remaining solution.....

At this point i lable each cube to each mum(if doing multiple strains).

When i take the clones i like to cut just about 1cm below a branch node(branch previously sliced away)

For the rooting hormone i use "Rootex Gel"....kept in the fridge when not using it.

k thats the cloning bit.

After taking all the clones i put them strain into the humidity dome with all the vents shut.....the dome(s) sit under twin 18w 2foot cfl`s........(left off for the first 24hrs)

I use a heatmat with thermostat(all year round)....for the first 24hrs i set it to 40c :photo: and then reduce it to 35c for the next 48hrs.......after 72hrs has passed i mix up a spray bottle of the Seed n clone as directed, reduce the heat to 30c and give the cuts a heavy mist with the seed n clone spray solution and open one vent.....then the next day i do the same, opening another vent.....same proccess next day.

Now that i have all of the vents open i give the cuts a heavy misting once a day(checking to see the cubes are still moist enough)........usually have roots by day 7-9

Thats my method to the T* ;)

Seems like a huge proccess but i get 100% strike rate with very healthy clones ;)

all the best with whatever ya get crankn,

Me :D

Hey...

I soak 40mm cubes in a bucket of "Seed n Clone" for about an hour.

While they`re soaking i clean out my humidity dome with metholated spirits (i dont use the grilled tray in the dome, instead i poke a hole in each corner of the sealed/catch tray and thats where the clones sit)

Then i drain the bucket and shake the cubes of the remaining solution.....

At this point i lable each cube to each mum(if doing multiple strains).

When i take the clones i like to cut just about 1cm below a branch node(branch previously sliced away)

For the rooting hormone i use "Rootex Gel"....kept in the fridge when not using it.

k thats the cloning bit.

After taking all the clones i put them strain into the humidity dome with all the vents shut.....the dome(s) sit under twin 18w 2foot cfl`s........(left off for the first 24hrs)

I use a heatmat with thermostat(all year round)....for the first 24hrs i set it to 40c :harhar: and then reduce it to 35c for the next 48hrs.......after 72hrs has passed i mix up a spray bottle of the Seed n clone as directed, reduce the heat to 30c and give the cuts a heavy mist with the seed n clone spray solution and open one vent.....then the next day i do the same, opening another vent.....same proccess next day.

Now that i have all of the vents open i give the cuts a heavy misting once a day(checking to see the cubes are still moist enough)........usually have roots by day 7-9

Thats my method to the T* :devilred:

Seems like a huge proccess but i get 100% strike rate with very healthy clones :faint:

all the best with whatever ya get crankn,

Me :peace:

ey chron it isn't that tough, i have only got a plastic box with gladwrap over it ATM going too get a propper humidity dome over the next few days. And some jiffys or something. If i get my car back ill do it tonight. I want too try and get another batch of clones off the girls before they get too flowering too much :S looks like i have gotten about 8-10 too take which is ok, but all of 1 strain ! the others didnt seem too like me cloning them so much. So going too try the SSH again tonight hopefully she is a bit nicer.

Gotta love the smell they are getting, its toxic already :faint: