Handicapped Man's Wheelchair Seized Over Medical Marijuana

This one makes me ashamed to be Canadian :peace:

By Jeremiah Vandermeer, Cannabis Culture - Thursday, September 3 2009

TAGS: CC MAGAZINE FEATURE ARTICLES HEADLINE NEWS BRITISH COLUMBIA HEALTH MEDICAL MARIJUANA VIDEO

Nyle Nagy, a man with full body paralysis and Multiple Sclerosis, was robbed of his wheelchair by his caregiver and confined to bed for legally using medical marijuana.

CANNABIS CULTURE - A Canadian care home resident with full body paralysis was confined to his bed against his will after his wheelchair was seized by caregivers - all because he smokes medical marijuana to relieve his Multiple Sclerosis.

CHBC news reported yesterday that Nyle Nagy, a Kelowna, British Columbia man who lives at the Brookhaven care home, was forcefully removed from his wheelchair and put in bed for a week after manager Adrien Vaughan objected to his legal use of medical marijuana.

"She sent two men over here to take my wheelchair and tell me that I've got to stay in this chair for seven days, as a punishment", Nagy told the TV crew.

"To get rid of my pain and my spasms, that's the only two reasons I smoke it" said Nagy, who has a license from the Canadian government to smoke marijuana.

Edited by museummouse

How fucking slack ! ;) :bow: The person that ordered this ,, well what can I say ,,, the best part of him was thrown in a bucket after birth :peace:

What are you carrying on about now closet grower?

Clearly the women who ordered this inhuman act was a Christian. Only a Christian could be such a power tripper.

Yeah, it really makes me mad too. But you want to know what makes me more angry? This same situation would happen on a daily basis in Australia, but because our government refuses to reconize cannabis is a medical herb, the people just get called drug addicts and forced into rehab and you can forget about a a story like this ever being touched by the Australian media, unless it had a headline, like 'disabled drug addict gets busted', now that makes me really angry!

At least in canada he has some legal ground to stand on.