bottom watering, will it work?

hi all. i'm fixing to do a small gorilla grow this season in some lantana on the edge of reedy wet land . cut a tunnel through the lantana [surprisingly easy to do] to waters edge. stomped down some growth to make a super stealthy spot.Now my cunning plan is: fill some green[say no to plastic] shopping bags with chunky coco mulch [they hold an easy 25 liter] and place em' so there in about about 2 in of water. now, i hope the airy free draining nature of coco will prevent the evil toxic layer from forming.do you think i'm on the money, or am i just going to end up with bonsai cannabis?...ta

kept an eye on the spot last year and water level seems constant..flooding may be more the concern

root rot is my major, think maybe keep plants out of the water and fill some 15 liter buckets with water place them beside my bags and pin an old towel to the bag with one half in the bucket as a moisture feed?

the bags are porous should work? i know how hard it is to keep the water up in jan and feb to containers, miss a water and its curtains.

only one way to find out i guess, think i will try both.

just like the convenience and privacy of the spot would love to ground plant but one has to adapt ..happy trails.

the wick methord will work better

seen

keep the bottoms of the pots just out of the water

put some soft rope or string thru all the drainage holes in the bottom of the pots

and let it dangle into the water

cappillary action will water the roots on demand from then on

seen

but

IMHO

your bigest concern will be flash floodz

thanks all. looked at recommended threads. some sure are some work. i have 13 seedlings 10 in tall ready to go out.

i'm going to try diff bag mixes , with some sourced at locality , and see witch take and don't. if i get good growth, as soon as plants are sexed i will take clones and carry on.

should still have plenty of growing window.

hope to have some picks in a month or so.

if all goes well.

Well things have been a bit hit and miss since my last post. Even with only 13 seedlings i under estimated the whole logistic side of buying , carrying in soil mix. I now realize i was too keen to get my seedlings out , and should have kept them at home until sexed .[it's a learning curve] i re bagged some with com potting mix and some with medium from nearby . I,m in fresh water but near mangroves,so salt in the local mix may well have been a contribute to poor results . But massive amounts of rain may also.

Out of my thirteen seedlings i ended up with six female but only three look like contenders.

I am growing from bag seed and have no idea of the genetics, and fear i may have some auto flowering variety as the plant are only a foot and a half tall but already frosting up .

And i so wanted clones. oh well in a week i will know if they take.

If they take i will try them out in some fytocell