First Grow, need some help.

Okay so I found three seeds and germinated them a little bit ago. Im now into day five and only one has sprouted and seems to be going good. I was thinking of planting it tomorrow as someone told me to start at around fathers day which is this sunday. Should I plant it after 5 days of germinating?

I also want to know how big a pot to use, Im not sure of the strain as I just found them in my cupboard. I have one thats about 19cm x 19cm and about 20cm high. Will this be big enough or should I use this and pot up later? Or should I just start with a much bigger pot and save potting up?

I think my soil is good I used cottonwool on the bottom with some reasonable sized rocks on top and then used soil from my garden and from my compost mixed with a tiny bit of lawn clippings haha. Would this be fine?

what method of sprout? If you sprouted in tissues they should already be in a media of some kind (IMHO). If you sprouted in rockwool they could live there a while yet, if you sprouted in...

potwise the easy answer is 'bigger is better' but I would expect a single outdoor potplant to do OK start to finish in good soil in those pots. They wouldn't be giants.

I think my soil is good I used cottonwool on the bottom with some reasonable sized rocks on top and then used soil from my garden and from my compost mixed with a tiny bit of lawn clippings haha. Would this be fine?

:bongon: Keep the rocks and get rid of the cottonwool, the soil from the garden, the compost, and the lawn clippings :wub: Go buy a bag of decent quality potting mix. Something like Searls Premium Potting mix for eg. Avoid any with alot of pine bark is the main thing. Put a layer of rocks in the bottom of the pot for drainage and add the potting mix. The mix you have is next to usless imo.

Peace MongyMan

when the soil goes dry, around every couple of days should be fine but it really depends on when the soil drys out... stick ya finger in the soil(far away from the seeds) and see if it feels damp, you dont want it too go fully dry though or the roots will shit emselves.

edit: dont do this for an established plant if you can avoid it their roots will be everywhere and you dont want too hurt them.