Lighting for a single plant

Hi all,

This will be my first grow, pretty much i want to grow a single plant and do it as cheaply as possible. I plan on only using the lighting at night, as during the day i'd like to have it out in the sun. Any recommendations as to lighting etc?

I was also wondering, is it worth making like a box of sorts to place over the plant with the bulb inside so no light escapes, and with little air holes?

Hi all,

This will be my first grow, pretty much i want to grow a single plant and do it as cheaply as possible. I plan on only using the lighting at night, as during the day i'd like to have it out in the sun. Any recommendations as to lighting etc?

I was also wondering, is it worth making like a box of sorts to place over the plant with the bulb inside so no light escapes, and with little air holes?

Wanting the same thing myself TG, cept I'm gonna keep it indoors all the time thanks to the geriatric neighbours.

Someone Please help us, We're trying but honestly... Most of the topics are really technical and I'm not a herbitoligist.

The long ans short of it is you can use clf's to grow with the more the better but in the end you are better off using a hid (high intensity discharge) you can get them in 150w and up but using a hid puts out a bit of heat but in saying that clf's can as well in a closed in area and if it gets to hot the plant will shut down and stop growing.

Eather way you go u need good air flow to keep the temps down or u will be in trouble...

Hi all,

You really need to do your research mate - there is a lot of info online and in books about the dynamics of growing indoors and outdoors, how to build and run a cabinet grow. Im just finishing up a build myself at the moment and testing it out. Everything I have read is that you just have to accept the need to spend some money to do it right or you will have a lot of frustration and if growing indoors, even put yourself and your house at fire risk for example. Drop into a hydro store and get a copy of "Integral Hydroponics." You might be able to get it online too if you google search.

good luck!

Hi, yes as others said you have to look for answers only you can determine. Lean the structure of the forms - the title suggest the topics & search @ top is a mean tool to use to pull up key words. learn the lingo will help.

Some start to many questions !

What do you want your light to do?

What cycle do you want your light to cover- A few choices 1) Germ/Veg/flower, 2) Germ/veg only & 3) Flower

^_^

Nitty.