Lighting Questions

Hey i have a few questions on lighting.

I have been looking over at http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/nutriflo/light.htm and i am wondering some questions on lighting hopefully you could answer :)

1 - Out of the light kits there what do u suggest for a 400w and 600w kit ?

2 - What do u get in a lighting kit what parts ?

3 - Out of the lighting reflectors what would be the best for a good fit in a cupboard to make it compact i was thinking a lobay or a manta 600 what do u think ?

4 - To complement any horizontal reflector, the patented Heat Shield - Would this cool the light down too much and take the lighting off my plants?

5 -Manta 600 Light Reflector - Would this cool the light down too much and take the lighting off my plants? and do you think that they are good ?

6 - Is that Air Cooled Shade reflector kit good ? - Would i need to run some fan ducting to a fan what lets the air out ?

If theres any other info u think i need write back to.

Hope you can help thanks.

Bye

1 - Out of the light kits there what do u suggest for a 400w and 600w kit ?

That depends on the area of your grow room, to calculate your wattage requirements multiply square feet of grow space (L x W) by 50w eg: 8 sq ft x 50w = 400w.

2 - What do u get in a lighting kit what parts ?

Usually a ballast, globe and batwing reflector.

3 - Out of the lighting reflectors what would be the best for a good fit in a cupboard to make it compact i was thinking a lobay or a manta 600 what do u think ?

The Manta looks ok to me but I have never used one myself.

4 - To complement any horizontal reflector, the patented Heat Shield - Would this cool the light down too much and take the lighting off my plants?

I'd like to hear from someone that's used one.

5 -Manta 600 Light Reflector - Would this cool the light down too much and take the lighting off my plants?

Don't reckon so.

6 - Is that Air Cooled Shade reflector kit good ? - Would i need to run some fan ducting to a fan what lets the air out ?

An air cooled hood is always an important consideration when using a HID light in a confined space, it will also allow you get the light much closer to the canopy of the plants.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif

Guest weekprik

An air cooled hood is always an important consideration when using a HID light in a confined space, it will also allow you get the light much closer to the canopy of the plants.

You will need to get the light closer using one- I personally wouldnt as it eats the lumens,

You will need to get the light closer using one- I personally wouldnt as it eats the lumens,

Better than baking them with high temperatures, you’re not supposed to cook with mj until after the harvest. :)

Guest weekprik

Better than baking them with high temperatures, you’re not supposed to cook with mj until after the harvest.

muhahahah thats funny, but true.

Hey weekprik, to do quotes in replies click on the "Quote" button above the reply screen, paste the text after "[QU0TE]" bit the click on the "Quote" button again at the end of the text and you will get "[/QU0TE]" tacked on to the end, this will highlight the text in light green so everyone sees it as a quote from the start, to quote a complete post use the quote button attached to the post instead of the "new reply" button.

Guest weekprik
Hey weekprik, to do quotes in replies click on the "Quote" button above the reply screen, paste the text after "[QU0TE]" bit the click on the "Quote" button again at the end of the text and you will get "[/QU0TE]" tacked on to the end, this will highlight the text in light green so everyone sees it as a quote from the start, to quote a complete post use the quote button attached to the post instead of the "new reply" button.

does this work? thanks I wanted to know how to do this!!!.

I think that some aircooled setups advertised you have to buy the fans seperately... not sure from nutriflo.. you can always ask them... I found if i sent them an email early in the morning, they always reply by about 10am.. great help..hehe but generally just make sure you get a full kit (from nutriflo).. as it will contain everything you need to plug it in and get light.. I don't have an air cooled hood and in my case i don't think it'd make much difference... I just got two 20cm fans, one blowing on the plants and one exhausting out the ceiling.. I'm thinking of getting two more though..