Life time of seeds

First off I hope this is the right forum, I looked around but couldn't figure out where it was supposed to go.

I bought two sets of seeds about 9 months ago but I wasn't able to get a grow happening for various reasons. But now i can and I want to use my seeds. (btw skunk #1 25/75% sativa, and skunk #1 25/75% indica)

What I want to know is how long should they have survived for? They have been kept in a dark dry place the entire time. Or will I have to buy get new ones?

Thanks everyone

First off I hope this is the right forum, I looked around but couldn't figure out where it was supposed to go.

I bought two sets of seeds about 9 months ago but I wasn't able to get a grow happening for various reasons. But now i can and I want to use my seeds. (btw skunk #1 25/75% sativa, and skunk #1 25/75% indica)

What I want to know is how long should they have survived for? They have been kept in a dark dry place the entire time. Or will I have to buy get new ones?

Thanks everyone

they should be okay as they were kept in a cool dark place

i put my seeds in a air tite light proof container an put them in the fridge with a couple of silica packets

they last in between 5 & 20 years this way

ive got some FLUFF seeds that i got off a friend in south aus in 1992

as they have been kept DARK, COOL N DRY they still sprout

hope this helps ya m8

Edited by wonkabuds

I have/had some "Blue God" seed that I got in Canada in 2004 and I sprouted and grew 6 of them in 2007 and this year tried to get the other 6 going and they have cracked but have not properly sprouted. I am going to leave them and hope they come good over the next few days but I am not optimistic. They were kept in the original packet in a drawer and they looked good. Lucky I crossed a male with some of my other strains last time and these are sprouting well. Best of luck with them, they should be OK at 9 months old.

i think robert connell clarke says

seeds are viable for a minimum of 3 years

ofc wen stored in the correct fashion..

a dry cool place out of light seems good enuff to me

ive had seeds germ alot older than that

to germ them id simply soak them in water for 24 hrs min

then do the old paper towl in a satchel ontop of the monitor

checking them every 12 hours with the heat of the computer monitor

it will help assist in germination,as seeds need both water and heat to germinate

all the best

bil

i think robert connell clarke says

seeds are viable for a minimum of 3 years

ofc wen stored in the correct fashion..

a dry cool place out of light seems good enuff to me

ive had seeds germ alot older than that

to germ them id simply soak them in water for 24 hrs min

then do the old paper towl in a satchel ontop of the monitor

checking them every 12 hours with the heat of the computer monitor

it will help assist in germination,as seeds need both water and heat to germinate

all the best

bil

thanks bill and martvic.. time will tell.. thanks!