getting chilly will they flower

Hello

Fantastic site, an absolute wealth of knowledge here, thanks to all who contribute. This is the first time I have attempted growing, so after doing a fair amount of online research became totally confused as to what was the best way to go and just stuck a small plant in a pot of top shelf garden mix and hoped for the best.

I live in a fairly remote spot so can grow on the balcony without too much drama. The temps here range from 10 to 25 degrees over summer (end may to early September) and then quickly fall around mid September to 6 and a high of about 16, mid October temps are around 6 to 12 degrees. I am wondering if my one and only plant will have time to develop flowers based on where she is today (15th of Aug).

Picture attached shows you where we are at today.

Would really appreciate your advise and recommendations, by the way I have no idea what strain the plant is, I walked into a cafe in Holland and asked to buy some seeds, the guy there told me it was too late to plant and sold me one of his plants for 5 euro, already about a foot high. A true rastafarian he said it was more important to teach about growing the erb than selling it.

thanks in advance

post-35568-1250063490_thumb.jpg

post-35568-1250063521_thumb.jpg

post-35568-1250063534_thumb.jpg

One of the books I have says that plants will flower in the cold weather, if it gets too cold it may even turn purple (a bit like us poor bastards living in the southern states of Aus)it affects the trich production though, less resin (trichs). Having said that it may be a strain that grows well in cold weather. Nice plant, looks good and healthy. Growth also slows down with the cold air. :peace:

thanks for the reply.....is turning purple a good thing? (I am living in central germany so southern aus sounds pretty tropical to me, I am from Sydney). Can you tell me if those little sprouts on pic three are the first stage of flowers? can you also advise if it will be a problem to grow inside under lights if she stops flowering/growing? The guy who sold me the plant told me she was definitely a female so am confident the 20 + year dreadlocks he was sporting make it an expert.

thanks for the reply.....is turning purple a good thing? (I am living in central germany so southern aus sounds pretty tropical to me, I am from Sydney). Can you tell me if those little sprouts on pic three are the first stage of flowers? can you also advise if it will be a problem to grow inside under lights if she stops flowering/growing? The guy who sold me the plant told me she was definitely a female so am confident the 20 + year dreadlocks he was sporting make it an expert.

It may turn purple. Good thing? That will be mother nature doing what she does. Definitely a female. Just leave it outside. It looks like it has started to go into the flowering stage.

alright, will leave her where she is outside. Fingers crossed i will get to see something to harvest by late september, any later and I dont like my chances.

I called my guy in holland and he told me this plant strain was "Medicine Man" or "Early Pearl" he couldnt quite remember...what do you guys reckon??