plant bleeding?

Guest weekprik

Guest weekprik
I have turned my plants to 13/11 and when i got up to look this morning I found 1 of the plants had water coming out of the leaves, it was in drops waiting to fall, where the hell does this thing get the water from and why is it doing it anyways?? :)

g'day; it is called transpiration i believe. if your room has not enough air circulation and venting, then the plants will transpire water then it will condensate and rain back down on plants.water also runs down walls of grow room too, watch for mould.

constant air circulation is an essential part of good indoor grow.

Guest weekprik
i have good ventilation, via a 200watt exhaust fan, no other signs of the oter 4 plants in the same unit doing it, and nothing on the white plastic which lines the wardrobe???

Condensation is more evident during the dark period, the heat from the light would evaporate it quickly so you would need to check for it just as the light is turning on.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif

Guest weekprik

just to confuse matters, I removed a big leaf so a tip under it could get light, The bloody thing was full of water, Ie it leaked all over my hand??

This one plant seems to be sucking in and holding water??????????????

Oh also how many of you guys use a 13 hr dark period?? why am I using a 13 Hr dark period and what are the arguements for and against it??

Edited by weekprik

Run your fans for an hour after the lights go off, and another hour before, this should help to vent any moisture left in the growroom before it condenses. The thing is, when we heat up a small area of air, it holds a lot more water than the same volume of air at a cooler temp. So when the temps drop, that water has to go somewhere, and it comes out of the air in condensation, which is left on the plants. This condensation is dangerous, as it can lead to serious mold problems if water remains on the leaves and buds during the dark period. Do you have a temp reading for "day" and "night"?

why am I using a 13 Hr dark period and what are the arguements for and against it??

I don' t know why you're using a 13hr dark period, only you can tell us that. ::): :)

Hope this helps somewhat.

Guest weekprik

my fan runs 24/0 already, and its in a closet inside a laundry so I can leave the door open a bit,

It empties the area of air quickly infact I blew smoke in to the area to see how good and it sucked it all out fast,

the other 4 plants do not do this at all, i thinks its something to do with th plant,

Oh ok im leaving 13/ and going 12/12,