Fucken Tap Water !

Perth seems to have had all the rain we're going to get this year. Might setup a reservoir next year though. I remember having a rainwater tank at our old place. Was good stuff but a bit costly upfront.

I wasn't aware that tap water could affect the pH so greatly. Would water run through a charcoal filter be okay?

If Chlorine is a problem let the water sit for at least 48 hrs first to evaporate it.

pH swings are usually associated with water that has a lot of Carbonates, bore water/ground water etc has this problem.

There isn't much you can do except * use diff water

* buy a reverse osmosis water filter/purifyer

* use nutes designed for hard water

http://www.flairform.com/hints/pH_control.htm

http://www.flairform.com/Products/greendream.htm

Happy gardening :yahoo:

Perth seems to have had all the rain we're going to get this year. Might setup a reservoir next year though. I remember having a rainwater tank at our old place. Was good stuff but a bit costly upfront.

I wasn't aware that tap water could affect the pH so greatly. Would water run through a charcoal filter be okay?

i put a 5000 litre water tank 18 months ago for my grow the gov paid 1500 and council 900 and me 199 :yahoo: