OK , I'm stepping up with the times and going to do a DWC grow . :bongon:

What water Temp ?

What EC , PPM etc ? Half strength or full?

What PH ?

I'll be using what I have here , net pots , perlite ( I know clay balls are better ) .

Dutch Fest nutes .

Should the pots touch the water when I first start as the clones dont have roots hanging out the bottom of the pots yet ?

I am excited at this , as I hear the growth rate is quick/quicker than what I am doing now , just Perlite pots watered by hand every couple of days sitting in kitty litter trays .

Are the yields bigger/better ?

Any help/advice much appreciated :)

Cheers

CG

Water temp 22-24deg

Nute strength-depends on age of cutting/clone or seed- if established full nutes ( I use dutchfest too)I also recommend a root growth/accelerator product- I use rhizotonic-but there are others.

How old are the clones and what have you previously been feeding them?

As long the water is circulating and not sitting (read stagnant) it fine. If conditions are right roots will appear within 1-2weeks.

Invest in an PH meter and airator if you can afford it - they can be a crucial element with DWC. PH in my system drops from 6.0 to 5.4 in 24hrs. This is normal, it can often be attributed to microbiological activity which is healthy.

I cannot answer about speed or quantities as I have only ever grown DWC style. What I do know is that if things are ideal growth and flower rates are pretty good(awesome actually). If things aren't right and out of balance you'll know and know quickly-within 12hrs in some extreme cases. Pest control is also essential but I've only experienced mites and this after 5+yrs of growing.

24 is high end of the scale in terms of heat, for ya first run i;d be aiming for 20-22 so you have more margin for error.

Roots out the pots or outta the wool? If the roots are outta the pots then can have the water level few inches below bottom of netpot, if not keep it higher but not touching an occasionally top feed. Don;t install a top feed dripper or top feed after roots are out it is totally counter productive.

You shouldn;t have to worry about much about anything, just watch your numbers so you get a feel for how it runs. Don;t chase ph an don;t worry too much about slight changes just watch your girls for signs. The plant will tell as soon as the numbers will anyways..

Best of luck mate look forward to seeing you crank it. :)

peace

c

24 is high end of the scale in terms of heat, for ya first run i;d be aiming for 20-22 so you have more margin for error.

Roots out the pots or outta the wool? If the roots are outta the pots then can have the water level few inches below bottom of netpot, if not keep it higher but not touching an occasionally top feed. Don;t install a top feed dripper or top feed after roots are out it is totally counter productive.

You shouldn;t have to worry about much about anything, just watch your numbers so you get a feel for how it runs. Don;t chase ph an don;t worry too much about slight changes just watch your girls for signs. The plant will tell as soon as the numbers will anyways..

Thats some crackn good info there :)

CG, if i were you i would listen to chato,......he da master of DWC :freak:

Lookn foward to seeing goods in action :peace:

All the best,

Chron :bongon: