Cloning clones and cloning flower starts (problems?)

Can the strain change if you clone from clones?

Can you f the strain if you clone from a 2 week flowering plant?

My last grow seems to have f’d up; I think lately I have been far too easy going with my favorites and it seems now my strains are paying the price.

My clones take up to 3.5 weeks from clones to show new green veg growth. Some of my last plants flowers where far fluffier and all of them didn’t stretch much at all and that’s all plants. The fluffy tops are just not adding any weight at all and I’m so stressed.

I’m just hand watering these plants, they are being fed in veg: Canna veg 2 part, house and garden root excel. In flower I am using DM advance, Microbial, DM Potash. Both times these are being run under 600w hps, oh yea I use perlite with a thin layer of dolomite on the top 2cm of medium.

I am just so pissed atm as my last few grows before these problems where killer and the smoke was great, but now ppphhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Any advice would be great guys as I’m so lost atm

If your taking clones after they have switched to flowering mode, they have a much harder time rooting, as they have to completely change their structure from a growing tip, into a full dinkum plant with a root system, as well as reveg/go back to vegatative mode. Lots of stress on the plants.

Generally best to take clones before switching to flower, better for the clones, and better for the plants your flowering.

The lime may be too much for young root systems too, or bumping the PH up like marra said.

No - but you can alter it's form and vigor

If you are taking clones from clones there can be a gradual decrease in performance, that's why it's important to keep refreshing your mums every few months - I redo my mums every 6mths

Also taking your clones that far into flowering will make the clones slow to form, as they have to do a lot more work to change from flowering mode to vege mode, try to take your clones one to two weeks before you flip to flower - that will benefit both your clones and your flowering plants

Jimbo :)

oh yea I use perlite with a thin layer of dolomite on the top 2cm of medium.

WOW I was just so tired and smashed last night, I had a tired/stoned/blonde moment when I posted this; it is "Diatomite" not "dolomite"

It was not until I read this thread of mine today, that I noticed just how trashed I was, last night was just so bubblishus.

I have no idea why the last few plants have been fluffy flowers with no real fatness or swelling. I am just so upset, as I have not even learned anything from it as I have no idea why this happened.

billo ....and if cloning from clones

wait 6 weeks before taking a clone from a rooted clone

just something i was taught early on

all the ebst

I agree with billo

Naturally I doubt it very much - you are duplicating it's genetic make up each time.

You do get degrading over time through bad practices but it is over yrs and many cones. I have never seen it reported anywhere really, but it all make genetic and scientific sense.

Can you f the strain if you clone from a 2 week flowering plant?

No but you will have a difficult time getting roots to strike any longer than 2 weks into flower when you take the cone.

My clones take up to 3.5 weeks from clones to show new green veg growth..... The fluffy tops are just not adding any weight at all and I’m so stressed.

How's your bulbs/globes/tubes - time for new ones ? :bongon:

Just some possibilities for you to consider.

:)

Nitty.

thanks for the help guys

i am now thinking i will give these next clones a chance, see how they go and try to replace the strains if needed. i guess i need to pull my socks up and get into it before i become to lazy and stuff it all up. from now on Billo i will take your advice on cloning after 6 weeks with rooted veg clones

and my HPS is only a few months old now, though i am well over due to replace my cloning lights ;) , i guess i should have thought of this before.

once i finish fixing my other computer i will post pic's of the fluffy small budding plants, man it sucks my computer has so many private files on it, as i would rather pay someone to fix it.

anyway thanks for all your help, i will take all advice and keep looking to find out what happened, it may have just been a once off bad grow, well i hope!