DIY Vaporstar Pipe

Alright so i was laying in bed one day and i was think of ways to make a pipe style vaporizer, then i remembered the vaporstar and designed it around that concept.

• The First Picture is the full picture with the filter system disassembled

• The second Pic is another pic of the disassembled filter system

• The third pic is the assembled filter system (cut a penny with a saw so that it would have 16 slots just as the real vaporstar does.)

• The 4th pic is the whole thing :)

Havent tried it yet but it gives a nice draw with no bud in it. prob gunna try it tmorow cant wait :)

post-35190-1248307764_thumb.jpg

post-35190-1248307774_thumb.jpg

post-35190-1248307782_thumb.jpg

post-35190-1248307789_thumb.jpg

Interesting idea and +1 for trying.

Concerned with what the metal makeup of the penny, and the size of the slots allowing the flame to get through anyway.... Let us know how it goes and what mods you make - but if that penny isn't like 100% copper i'd be finding a steel or ceramic replacement. Just don't think the penny will hold the heat very long like the real thing.

Nice job indeed PinoySmoker, seems you've put a bit of thought into it. Well done. :)

Just as a side note mate. If there is any copper components in it. You'd be doing yourself a favour by replacing it. As I was once told, copper can give off toxic fumes when heated in a smoking implement. It's something i don't know as a fact, just one of those yarns you hear about. It'd be something worth researching.

:)

first of all thnx for the input guys, its greatly appreciated

ok so i tried this thing yesterday and to my great disappointment... im pretty sure it didnt work :thumbsup:

i say this because after taking a couple of hits and not feeling anything i took the penny out of the filter thinking it would work better, but all it did was burn the weed. so im not completely sure if the high i had was from the few hits i took with the penny filter or the couple i took without it.

a few new mods i was thinking of were:

1. taking the washer out of the filter set up

2. just a fuck load of filters without the washer and penny

3. a cover for the pipe section so it looks more asthetically pleasing

tell me wat you think and keep the ideas comin

Alright so i was laying in bed one day and i was think of ways to make a pipe style vaporizer, then i remembered the vaporstar and designed it around that concept.

• The First Picture is the full picture with the filter system disassembled

• The second Pic is another pic of the disassembled filter system

• The third pic is the assembled filter system (cut a penny with a saw so that it would have 16 slots just as the real vaporstar does.)

• The 4th pic is the whole thing ;)

Havent tried it yet but it gives a nice draw with no bud in it. prob gunna try it tmorow cant wait :bongon:

i Finally got this thing to work!!!!!

here is a couple of pics to show wat i did to the filter

http://img132.imageshack.us/i/0810091803.jpg/

http://img25.imageshack.us/i/0810091804.jpg/

made it even more like to vaporstar in my eyes, this time instead of filters as ways to channel the hot air twards to holes in the penny i used free space and lung power.

this thing now works like a charm!! had no real bud so i stuffed some ABV in there and to my delight there was some leftover THC. REAL happy to say that im pretty high after two bowls lol ^_^ ;)