Need advice for which strain?

Immortal

Question

Bit of background. Never done any drugs. Will be doing some generic weed soon to see how it is. After which I will most likely be confident enough to grow it.

I mainly want it for medicinal purposes.

I suffer from depression, anxiety and sleeping problems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_sleep_phase_syndrome).

I think it's quite possible that I am depressed and that's why I am anxious and have sleeping problems. It's also possible I have sleeping problems which causes me to be anxious and depressed.

So I want something that will give me the relaxation to leave the house and to sleep at night. But I also want to be buzzed and happy as well and be able to do things if i want and not just lye down. You know I want to be a little social at least.

I hear indica is good for sleeping. I hear sativa is good for depression. Sleeping is quite important for me as in my current state I cannot hold down a job or study during regular hours. If I could puff before bed and sleep at 10pm and wake up at 7am and keep that pattern then I will be so happy.

I'm thinking white widow. Since its 60% indica it'll be good for sleeping and relaxation but with 40% sativa it'll have enough of a happy buzz to have fun with it without not being able to move.

Of course my 'opinion' above is based entirely on a guess since I have never tried it or any marijuana before. Would anyone recommend it?

:yinyang: So please throw out some suggestions here to help me. any comments welcome..

9 answers to this question

Sorry to hear you're in such a state. I think cannabis will make you more anxious and paranoid and will probably add to your predicament. Sativa is more uplifting than indica but maybe you could try cooking/eating insead of smoking? It's less of a rollercoaster ride and more a strong uniform body buzz. I find it's more relaxing.

maybe try growing your own

and harvest at diferent stages

being sure to keep note of the effect at different times of the harvest

wen u find wat u like u know wen to harvest for effect

strains are very personal imo

some may work for some and not for others

also dont skimp on white widow by bying nirvana

try the original breeders as in shantibaba at mr nice seeds

or try greenhouse seeds as they where there wen shanti made it

at mns its called black widow

also trying a few strains might be beneficial so u can get a better handle on wat is appropriate

all the best

bil

I mainly want it for medicinal purposes.

I suffer from depression, anxiety and sleeping problems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_sleep_phase_syndrome).

:toke: thanks for the link, me to a tee, have to look into that...

Delayed sleep-phase syndrome (DSPS), also known as delayed sleep-phase disorder (DSPD) or delayed sleep-phase type (DSPT), is a circadian rhythm sleep disorder, a chronic disorder of the timing of sleep, peak period of alertness, core body temperature, hormonal and other daily rhythms relative to societal norms. People with DSPS tend to fall asleep some hours after midnight and have difficulty waking up in the morning.

Often, people with the disorder report that they cannot sleep until early morning, but fall asleep at about the same time every "night". Unless they have another sleep disorder such as sleep apnea in addition to DSPS, patients can sleep well and have a normal need for sleep. Therefore, they find it very difficult to wake up in time for a typical school or work day. If, however, they are allowed to follow their own schedules, e.g. sleeping from 4 a.m. to noon, they sleep soundly, awaken spontaneously, and do not experience excessive daytime sleepiness.

:peace:

I hear indica is good for sleeping. I hear sativa is good for depression. Sleeping is quite important for me as in my current state I cannot hold down a job or study during regular hours. If I could puff before bed and sleep at 10pm and wake up at 7am and keep that pattern then I will be so happy.

I'm thinking white widow. Since its 60% indica it'll be good for sleeping and relaxation but with 40% sativa it'll have enough of a happy buzz to have fun with it without not being able to move.

Of course my 'opinion' above is based entirely on a guess since I have never tried it or any marijuana before. Would anyone recommend it?

:nono: So please throw out some suggestions here to help me. any comments welcome..

for me WW was a bit too buzzy for sleep time, great uppy daytime smoke though, Celtic Berry and Ice as well. For bedtimes I prefer Celtic Hash or other heavy Indicas, good knockout drops :nono:

:thumbdown:

greetnz

imho

jack herer rulez for depression, anxiety and sleeping problems

the best advice is to grow your own

that will tune the cannabis to your body

thur your natural selection you will choose the practices and varieties that best provide the medicinal qualities you seek

i have several varieties pon hand and use them at different times for different ailments

irey guidance

Yeah brother, I've got the exact same problem, it sucks.

But the best advice I can give you is not to use any one strain for long periods of time, you’ll end up getting a tolerance to it and it will end up not helping with sleep and anxiety, which will kick your depression back in. If you’re lucky enough to have access to different strains, then you can just swap every few weeks or whenever you feel like something new, then you’ll be laughing.

Good luck.

greetnz

imho

jack herer rulez for depression, anxiety and sleeping problems

Oh my god.. 10 seeds of that would be $240 to buy. Holy CRAP! Why is it priced so much higher than the rest? http://www.planetskunk.com/jackherer-p-43.html

I don't think I could afford it. $80 would be around my maximum limit. ;)

I've been looking up reviews and people seem to really like it.

Having had my first experience 2 days ago I think I realise I can't settle for a heavy indica strain. Although that would be great for sleep I wouldn't be able to hold off from smoking during day as well. If I smoked indica all day I would just laze around all day.

Having had my first experience 2 days ago I think I realise I can't settle for a heavy indica strain. Although that would be great for sleep I wouldn't be able to hold off from smoking during day as well. If I smoked indica all day I would just laze around all day.

The only strain I can comment on is Belladonna. All my other grows over the years have been bag seed. Smoking the buds after work (for me) lets me have a good 10-15 minute nap and then I am up and into whatever I do with gusto not bad for parties as well. Smoking the debris in the mull bowl (not the buds) before I go to bed gives me one very deep good nights sleep with nice pleasant dreams. About $60 aus for ten seeds. PS is out of them but Seed Boo has them.

It is a real bastard when you can't get a good nights sleep. My sympathy to you, hope you find the strain that helps. ;)