newbie in perth

gday guys,

new 2 all this and have done alot of research on growing.

unfortunitaly i only have the option of growing outdoors (in perth) and have been hanging for months for spring 2 come.

but like alot of ppl here i cant wait and started geminating. in a few days my 12 seeds r gonna end up in a few pots in my gutters and will have atleast 7 hours of direct sunlight atm. this is a safe spot as i have easy access to my babies and is well outta sight from neighbours and visitors.

i have no idea about the strain coz im only using bag seeds that ive collected ova the past few months.

the days r getting longer but is still a tad cold at night so was gonna bring them in 2 sleep at night. should i still put them under light at night even for a few hours? not getting grow lights but was wondering if normal household bulbs would b effective in this early stage? ive read about a few ppl doin this but i dunno how much longer for or even if it is worth it?

anyways this is my first grow and hoping 4 a few successful plants. any help/advice would b much appreciated

thanx in advance

jakwillow

Hi how are you? I don't think it matters that you have bagseed. It is better to practice with. I have an outdoor grow in sydney and I cover them at night. A lot of people use the new style lightbulb,CFL. and have great success with them. Try to get at least a 20w or stronger in a desk lamp and outside in the day and you will have a great headstart for spring.

heya

thanx 4 the info. so what ur saying is keep them outdoors during the day and bring them in at night and put under something like a 20w cfl os similar desk lamp? if so, keep it under the lamp all night so the plant is on a 24 hour light cycle or keep it on a 18/6 cycle?

damn little kids keep peering ova our fence so had 2 move in2 the garage. ive put the germinated seeds in2 peet pots and put them under a 60w mini fluro. seeing ive started my season about 6 weeks early do u guys think this little setup should b ok till i put them outside?