1000,s tiny white bugs in soil

please help, these things are in the soil they are tiny 0.5mm, they are not on the plants. plants look fine. but there has to be 1000,s of them in the soil, "gross" plants are 1 month old .im trying to get pics but it is difficult. how might i get rid of them? ive searched for hours on these things for help. they are not spider mites, there is nothing flying around or jumping. i can see them thoughout the soil because ive got my plants in clear plastic bags with many air holes. i used miracle grow poting soil from walmart, seems to drain well .

:blink: buggers.

It sounds like they came in the potting mix.

If you were to use potting mix again i would recommend sterilising that crap in the oven.

Try using a coco coir medium mixed with about 30% vermiculite/perlite for extra drainage and root airation.

:)

Don't forget to sterilise.

:blink: buggers.

It sounds like they came in the potting mix.

If you were to use potting mix again i would recommend sterilising that crap in the oven.

Try using a coco coir medium mixed with about 30% vermiculite/perlite for extra drainage and root airation.

:)

Don't forget to sterilise.

vermiculite is something used to retain moisture

please dont mix it with ya soil

i have white bugs in me worm farm

i use neem oil seems to work well

other than that i cook my worm poo on a bbq

that kills the bugs and alot of nastys

also kils some good microbes but with time they will return

im not 100% sure wat the white bugs are

maybe invest in some cold pressed neem oil

all the best

bil

one should NEVER use vermiculite in any grow in my opinion..

i think i know what your talking about.. as im pretty sure ive had this issue as well.. i thought they were coming from my rainwater.. they tend to end up floating in the resi.. from what i can gather.. they dont seem to effect the plants at all.. so i wasnt too worried about them..

as long as the plants are looking fine.. then id probably not be panicking too much..