wilting

It's been a week now and my babies don't look great. They've been transplanted and unwatered but they still feel dry and look wilted. Will they come around? They don't seem dying or anything, just sad. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi Gee,

Back to cover /ruleout ya basics.

Temps, water & feeds, airflow..........................

Temps:

First what is your max & min lights on and lights off. A range for both wold be good.

temp 15 - 25C

rh 30 - 50%

ph 6.3 (as of Sunday)

ok - a suggestion - your temperature range is on the edge of the 10 degree range check your overnight root temps.

1) Put a heat mat under them(s).

2) add heat to your room (ie heater)

Water/feeds

It's been a week now and my babies don't look great. They've been transplanted and unwatered but they still feel dry and look wilted. Will they come around? They don't seem dying or anything, just sad. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

The most likely suspect. You have re-potted on advice. So your compost should have been moist and need little to no water for a few days as you indicated above.

They don't seem dying or anything, just sad

You re-potted into new mix well aerated and no added water ? I say this only to make sure that roots are able to breath.

The transplant will 'shock' the plant and not being at its strongest may mean some extra recovery time is what is needed.

You need to ensure that the plants medium is really dry before watering.

All the best Gee.

:bongon:

Nitty.

Thanks for the tips!

Upon sticking my fingers about halfway down the pot I can still feel the soil is moist. It doesn't seem to be drying out real fast even though it's 50% perlite and has gravel in the bottom.

I've been using a cool tube fan to keep the hot air out. I actually turned it off about 2 days ago to try and keep more heat in rather than extract it.

Rh is 50 - 58% (over the last 24hrs)

Ph is 6.3

Temp has dropped to between 8 - 20C

The smaller plant looks to have some healthy new light green leaves coming out.

The larger plant has new leaves coming out but they look a bit yellower than the smaller plant.

Since I don't have a heat mat I'll see if I can come up with an alternative solution to heat the soil for the time being.