wilting

They're still green and look healthy (to me) but they suddenly started wilting a few days ago.

I stuck my finger in the soil and it felt rather dry. I gave them enough water for about 10% to trickle out the bottom. This was 2 days ago and they still look the same. Any advice? I did some research but I'm still not sure what it could be.

18/6 400W

temp 15 - 25C

rh 30 - 50%

ph 6.3 (as of Sunday)

They're about 7 weeks from planting the germ'd seeds into the soil. They've had 1 small 1/4 strength dose of nutes but nothing recently. Time to feed maybe?

post-14246-1247090123_thumb.jpg

post-14246-1247090136_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gee

I would say you water a fair bit, am i correct? maybe every 2nd to 3rd day? and depending on your soil mix it might be holding that water deeper than just your finger so the bottom half of the pot is soaking while the top half is reasonable dry.

This would make sense because you have 400W on seedlings and that would dry the top half of soil. The first few weeks need an even moisture level through the soil not the wet dry period that you would use during vege.

So it leads me in the direction of over watering since the plants have that wilting and are very dark green (meaning fertilizing is fine).

Edited by Girus

ph needs to be 6.5 in soil if you go any lower you lockout the phosphorus and lower than 6.0 and you loose potassium which is what the stems of those leaves look like try a nice flush with ph 6.5 water with a touch of something to help with the stress like miricle grow or superthrive and probably some H2O2 into that water to prevent any root rot and try make sure there is no water pooled in the bottom of the pots.

i definatley wouldnt give them a feed, what sort of potting mix is it i know some cheaper potting mix's have high amounts of bark which builds up stressful and damaging salts?

Edited by LawnMowerMan

hay gee

yep i would say over watered

i find ph in soil/potting mix is very forgiveing so i dont check it

regular flushing is required to prevent salt build up tho if feeding with hydro nutes

i find with a plant that size in a 200ml pot i might only have to water it once a week

try puting clay balls on top of your soil to stop the top of the pot drying out to quickly

stinky :) :blink:

what strain is it?.. they look a lot like the bubble gum my mate grows.. ?

also.. how deep are the pots?.. and have you got rocks at the bottom of the pots to help with the drainage?

what nutrients have you been feeding them if any?

PH at 6.3 is fine.. anywhere from 5.8 -6.8 should be fine for MJ.. hydro or soil..

with out knowing much about the set up of the pots and what your feeding.. is say these plants are starting to be deficient.. doesnt look to be any particular deficiency just looks a little pale.. says to me.. either they need to be fed some nutrients.. or theres something stopping the roots from taking up the nutrients in the soil..

answer the Q's above and i might be able to help a lot more..

well they're growing in a 1/3 perlite, 1/3 home made compost, 1/3 organic potting soil (not the cheap stuff). I flushed them yesterday under recommendation. I've only feed them once about 2 weeks ago with 1/4 strength Ionic.

They're 8L pots with marble sized gravel in the bottom for drainage. Because they're in a cupboard I've then put the 8L pots into 10L buckets to stop the run off pooling in the cupboard.

They are both white skunk. Apparently they are a good plant for a beginner.

This morning the larger plant looks more wilted but the smaller plant looks better... weird.

Ahhh... I found out why. The larger plants roots are already coming out the bottom. I can see 2 roots through the drainage holes. Time for a pot transplant me thinks.

Edited by Gee

Well I've transplanted into 20L pots... it was mission and a half to get em in my small cupboard! :scratchin: I didn't have any compost so I went with a 50/50 perlite/organic mix with a bit of blood n bone and 2 inches of large sized gravel at the bottom. I flushed them both with about 20L of rain water, let them drain for a few hours, then watered them with miracle grow at 6.9 ph.

Could I have done anything different or is there anything else I should do? They are currently sleeping (18/6) but should I give them more light to aid recovery?

yeah may be not use mirical grow.. and lower the PH a little.. to around 6.3.. .or there abouts..

id tend to go for a more organic nutrient.. look around at the nitrosol range.. they have some good products for vegging and flowering plants.. i think anything organic designed for roses will be perfect...

anyways.. at this stage with fresh soil.. you probably wont need a lot of fertilizing..

also i like to spray a little soda water every now and then while the lights are on.. make sure its a salt free soda water...