Aero Cloning Question

Hi. I'm pretty new to this but I'm an eager learner. Here is my deal.

I have an aerogarden that I'm using for cloning (my grow is soil). It works good but I'm only using tapwater and adding a little 3% hydrogen peroxide each day. Thats it. No nutrients or anything.

I get roots on all of them EVENTUALLY (some strains much faster than others), usually between 10-20 days they show roots. By the 8th day or so I am seeing yellowing of the leaves and little burn spots on the tips of the leaves where I made cuts.

post-34897-1247023247_thumb.jpg

I eventually move them to soil when they are ready but alot of times there are no leaves left at all by the time the roots are enough to transfer to soil.

I use rockwool plugs and just slide the cutting in through the center and cram the plug into 1 of the 7 slots in the aerogarden.

So I need to keep these things as healthy as possible during this process but so far not so good. Help? Nutrients for this phase? What to do?

Thanks guys!

How long are you leaving them in the cloner from the time they first start to show roots, to when "the roots are enough to transfer to the soil"?

I would add quarter strength nutrients from the time they start to show roots if not before.

Foliar feeding is also good (quarter srength nutes in a spray bottle), although this should only be done when the light is off to prevent burning.

On a side note I would try to use something instead of rockwool that doesn't absorb so much moisture. Not sure if it would make any difference, I just prefer my stems to have a good mixture of air and moisture if you know what I mean.

Hope that helped some, keep at it!

Naycha....

Edited by Naycha