Will my plant finish in Victorian winter?

Hi guys.

What a wonderful resource this is site. Have been meaning to join for a while, and I am glad that this query on my mind has prompted me to.

Have been growing a while both indoor and about but am attempting something I have never tried......

I have an unknown indica dominant strain grown from seed. Vegged indoors for 8 weeks and placed outdoors on June 29th under a upturned aquarium (elevated off the ground about 20cm). I am certain the plant is female and has started flowering (not positive though, as this strain pre-flowers heavely). Growth in the week and a bit has been good in the micro-climate despite the night time low's dropping to a few degrees.

I am not sure if my plant will finish properly. The days are of course considerably longer nine weeks from now but still relatively short. I know it may be dependent on the strain, but should I expect it to finish despite the lengthening days, start vegging again at some stage or go hermy (which my otherwise good strain is prone to do)?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to chatting with you all.

G`day mate :yinyang:

From my experience mullies wont finish during winter :D ......unless you make a cover for them and manually give them 12hrs of light :harhar:

The winter light hours will kick it into gear but the moonlight/streetlight/houselights/cars...ect...will keep it from finishing imo.

Hope that helps,

Chron lol

Hi Jimbo.

I am not expecting the same results as a summer grow but am still hoping for a decent result.

Although I am sure the lower sun intensity and low night temps are detrimental, day temps are acceptable and they are growing well. Sometimes it gets TOO hot in the mini glasshouse!

My biggest concern is whether or not the increasing photoperiod will reek havoc.

I couldn't tell you for sure, but concidering we don't even start getting 11 hours worth of light till September in this cold barron waste land, I don't see why they would go back to veg.

I wouldn't even expect anything decent from them though. I had a few plants this year that didn't start flowering till mid april, they were cruising till mid may then just went nowhere from there and that was in a green house.

Not even worth the hassle!!

I'd keep them indoors, it's just a shit place to grow outdoors down here.

Edited by jabez