Starting out

Hey all

Me and my mate are looking into the wonderful world of outdoor growing we are planning to grow out in the bush near were we live , we've had a few indoor crops nothing to major , and I was curious as ive heard a few conflicting things as to preparing your area.

I was wondering if its worth the trouble of fertilising the soil before hand or if its a better idea to do it when your transfering plants over ? And what is a good fertaliser to use?

Next questions i suppose would be the use of water crystals and wether they are actually worth it? i have heard that water crystals can also soak up liquid fertiliser which can lead to burning the roots could anyone clarify this for me?

Is LST worth doing on outdoor crops ? or is it more of a indoor thing ?

U dont have to get the ground ready to plant u can just find a sunny spot and plant and it will grow all going well.

But what i use to do is 2-3 months before i wanted to put the plants out in the patch in dig a 3 foot round hole and about 3 foot deep throw a dead chook in bottom of the hole and fill with a good potting mix and i all ways got awesome plants all i ever did was water them when ever i was out that way what i had found with the dead chook in the bottom of the seems to hold moisture as it is braking down and never needed to give any ferts.

And yes u can use the water crystals but but dont use tomany as they have been uprooted plants when they have soaked up all the water and expanded, u have to be carefull not to over do it as the ferts will build up in the soil over time and burn ya plants.

And yes you can do LST on out doors plants...