white mould on buds!

in sixth week budding,went on vacation,came back with white mould MOSTLY ON BUDS. the buds themselves look like a lump of mould. i cut off all buds and branches with mould,wiped down any excess water and added a dehumidifier.there are many buds with no mould but they smell kind of mouldy.WHAT CAN I DO OR SRAY ON PLANTS TO SAVE CROP AND STOP MORE MOULD GROWTH.NEED HELP ASAP,PLEASE!!!!!!! BAKING SODA,H2O2?? Edited by Father Nature

There is a spray that I purchased from my hydro shop a few years ago. It is non-toxic....made out of orange peel I think (smelt very very mild...couldn't even detect citrus).Apparently the rep who sold the product reckons it was a great mouth wash (fuck that!!). Not sure if you could use it whilst growing as the mould is so deep in the buds I think you would probably damage the buds trying to get the spray to penetrate that deep.I used it after picking before drying to prevent the mould from developing further. It worked well for that purpose. I then used it to disinfect my grow room to prevent the spores from reinfecting my new crop (I also increased air movement...which combined with humidity was the culprit).

No prob since touch wood.

I don't think your going to have much luck salvaging much Father Nature :bongon:

One thing I do know is you should really totally sterilize your equipment (pots/meters, light & shade ... everything after a bout of fungus/mold ect due to the problem becoming a reoccurring event - nothing worse that it happening again when your almost done.

:thumbsup:

Nitty.

:/

G'day Father Nature,

Sorry to hear about that mould , but at least you got to 6 weeks I spose :)

Along with others I would harvest ASAP ... but then if you feel like experimenting with a spray we certainly would be interested to see the results no doubt :) (A pic of the mould would be good too if possible) ... How much mould are we talking about?

The problem is that even if you harvest now the plants still have to go the drying/curing process in which the mould could keep growing and spreading , never been one for force drying but if it were me (and depending on the amount) I'd try and put them out in the sun for a few days in the day and somewhere as dry as possible at night , direct sunshine with little to no moisture tends to slow or even stop mould spreading I've found.

I'm not entirely satisfied with my advice there but is best I can think of for now ... I learned my lesson with about 1/2 a pound one time , but that was due to having to bag the budz (And going away for the weekend) and they were obviously not "completely" dry enough ... a few microscopic mould spores in there and woah they went haywire .. ended up with about 6 Oz of crumbley harsh bud after re-drying in the sun on newspaper and getting stoned , playing Nintendo for hours and forgetting about the harsh sun :D :D :D hahaheheh , what a way to learn a few lessons aye :bongon:

Shocking really , but we all gotta make mistakes to learn no doubt :bongon:

ANyway , I totally lost where I was going .. I want to tell another story :thumbsup: heheh , but that is for another time ...

All the best with it mate , I hope you still get to salvage plenty of decent smokable budz :D

Let us know how it goes ofc

Cheerz,

Budman :)