Unknown Sativa - Smells like pine

Several months ago, a friend had this beautiful sativa growing, I took some clones and threw one in the back of my grow room behind the Crystal I just harvested.

I have another 2 pine sativas outside that are dwarfs due to budding when only a foot tall, these will soon be put back into the room in larger pots and re-veged!

Anyhow, when I was given a sample of the sativa from outdoors we put it through the vape and it was the most wacked I had ever recall being :)

This is going to be some premium smoke, it is currently in week 12 of flower and smells like a fucking pine tree! there is absolutely no need for a carbon filter with this girl.

This is the first time in years that I have come across anything that hasn't had a sticky skunky smell to it.

The only info I could find regarding what influences the odor of a plant was "Alpha-Pinene is a terpene wich is found in abundantly in pine trees, so weed that smells like pine has a high Alpha-Pinene content."

Can anyone shed any light on this mysterious strain (big ask), or has anyone smoked anything similar?

I will post some pics of her and the 2 smaller sisters soon!

Peace

Canaman

I used to get lots of Pineweed back in the mid 80`s.It was some good kickass weed from Columbia.It always made me think about xmas with the pine tree in the living room.As a matter of fact my buddy used to stash it in xmas ornaments on his parents tree.Seeing as it smelt of pine,no-one ever noticed it.;)

I`ve heard of people having some pine smelling strains in recent years,but haven`t been able to get my hands on seeds or clones.As for strain smells,it`s dependant upon the strains dominant/ressesive genes and the terpenes/long chain aromatic hydrocarbons.

I`m a little jealous that I can`t have a taste of your gem.I will look forward to seeing some pics of your ladies.Godamn I miss the Pineweed ;)

Peace