Rotation between two spaces, 18/6 and 12/12

2 plants every 2 wks sounds like a bounteous harvest. but the different periods veg vs bud doesn't work out well, does it? I may have to use smaller pots and have 3*2 veg and 4*2 in bud.

Two spaces each capable of handling 6 pots, rotated as 6 pairs of 2.

Day0 - a pair (P1) of cuttings are taken. This pair sit central in the 18/6 after probably being set aside in dark for 24hrs.

Day14 - P1 move to the side and a new pair (P2) go in.

Day28 - P2 move to the side and P3 move in.

Existing 'mothers' are used for P1 and P2 but as of Day28 it is expected that the eldest pair (at this stage P1) will become parents. Cuttings are taken 28 days from when they themselves were cut. They then get 2 wks to recover before going into 12/12.

A pair of pots come out of 18/6 each 2wks and enter 12/12.

3 pairs under 12/12 would have the eldest 42 days before they are getting squeezed out. Putting a 4th pair (probably using slightly smaller pots) into 12/12 would allow the eldest to be 56 days under 12/12.

If this works out I'm gonna have a shitload more pot than I need, I think.

from my learning i experienced shitter quality whe n moving the plants around . you should move very minimally or your plants divert energy and gro slower and dont get as much resin .

I noticed when growing outdoors the plants that stay in the same spot all year , kick more ass then the ones the get moved around into the sun . they like consistencey and not to be touched.

Edited by psychoresin

Hi BaronS,

There is one variable I am unsure you aware of & that is the different flowering, or finishing time a different plants have.

The answer your looking for to your question is something like:-

1) always grow from clones of a single strain which will ensure consistancy in finishing times.

2) if you leave another 1 or 2 weeks before moving the plant(s) into 12/12 area it can be achieved with skill & knowledge.

It's not that hard but you do need to separate spaces.

:thumbsup:

Nitty.

another thing to think about is that your old ones might be higher then the young ones and the light will be to high for the small plants and they might stretch reducing your yeild. you gotta fill up your space with buds rather than try rotate to much .

another thing to think about is that pot isnt best fresh it tastes better after curing and you might find you have to much quantity over quality

re movement: though it sounds like the plants will be quite mobile it's not as bad as all that. Though each batch 'moves' into the next step of the cycle the only physical movement is:

1) when clones have had 2wks from cutting in the middle of the veg room they are moved to one side or the other, so that the fresh cuttings get prime spot centre of the area. Though one side of the veg area would be stage 2 and the other stage 3 this doesn't require that the plants be physically moved between these areas. Today the left side is at stage 2, right at stage 3, in 2 wks the plants don't change position but the stage they are at does.

2) The plants are moved to the flowering area. Yet to figure out the strategy here. I can see some benefit from the newest going into the center of the area, pushing older plants to the side, but if this can be expected to reduce bud growth I'm OK with putting the new into whichever available position and leaving them there.

I'll probably settle on one of my two strains. See which works best 1st. Mothers are the bagseed girls I have in the garden and particularly the strong Sativa dominant, with it's seeming long veg and bud time may prove unsuitable to the plan.

Not sure what Nitram means about the additional 1-2wks in veg. It will be difficult to modify timing for individual batches without stuffing up the whole show. I'm hoping that I can keep to the program with maybe overall adjustment of the time at each step might need to use, say, 16 day cycle instead of 14 day. Doing so would give each of 3 pairs 48 days veg (from cutting) rather than 42 and each of 4 flowering pairs a max of 64 days, but basically pulled when ready.

I am _VERY SURPRISED_ about 'stretch' so far. The internodal distance on the 1st batch under these lights is _tiny_, smaller than their mothers growing in the sun. It's early days yet and the 1st batch of clones have had additional time but adverse conditions as I've been setting up. Much to my chagrin I also realised I was overwatering and this may have stunted 'em a bit.

I still have flexibility as the system fills up. So far I have 1 set of established clones and a second set, taken from the original mothers a couple of days ago, not on any particular schedule. I'll assess whether the established guys are ready for cloning in 2wks time, adjust schedule accordingly.

The idea occurs that I could leave the cutting taking till later, give a bit additional time for the parent to grow, take my cuttings, and almost immediately put them in the flowering area.