Storing harvest in the Roof...

So, i need to hide the harvest from my brother and have been contemplating putting it all on a flyscreen and put it up in the roof cavity, now obviously it will be suspended coz i want good flow on it and i even have power up there to hook up a fan.

The problem is that my insulation looks pretty light and its just kinda scattered everywhere, there hasnt been much of a gathering of dust on the other stuff stored up there so im wondering if you think that having it close to whatever particulates might be in the air and whether or not adding airflow will be an issue too,

Cheers

yeah, if it's 'pink bats' type insulation that has been inplace for a while simple movement (of a person) in the roof space can be expected to disturb particles, a fan would really get it moving.

I don't think I want to smoke fibreglass.

Other forms of common insulation may not be so objectionable. (paper based would do not much more than effect taste, but even it's 'bonded' with something you probably don' wanna smoke)

This thread is one that I can definitely relate to. Since about a year ago I've used my roof space to dry buds. I used fly screeens that my neighbours took off their windows. I washed and dried them then put them on the higher up beams in my ceiling. There are planks of wood on the joists so that there is minimal insulation disturbance when I go up there. The nuggz I've vaporised didn't taste like insulation. The main issue still to be dealt with about roof space drying is that there is still alot of heat in the roof which isn't ideal but it still works alright.

How ever in the next few weeks/months I will be sealing the roof. Which will involve placing insulation batts directly underneith the roofing tiles and using some foil insulation sheets. I'm aiming to kill two birds with one stone - stopping any smells leaking and keeping heat out.

no matter what you do there will always be crap floating around in the air.. just shine a torch.. you can see it in the beam of light...

what i would do is when you harvest.. just hang the plants whole.. dont strip any leaf off.. the leaf will close around the bud and keep a lot of the dust off the buds.. and onto the leaves.. which you can pluck off later..